Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blue with target rings, duxaUI, and no night blindedness was a more authentic EQ experience than green

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
Don't forget that blue had the new skeleton models and the new wolf models at launch as well. Oh and the boats didn't even work, they had translocators.

They've come a long way. But being at both the blue and green launches, green feels much more like the EverQuest I knew back in 1999. It's just this population problem that weighs me down!
Old 10-29-2019, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blue with target rings, duxaUI, and no night blindedness was a more authentic EQ experience than green

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
Obviously it wasn't authentic to 1999. But 1999 was one year out of 20 years of eq. I basically started playing here once live got to an unplayable state - when I came back and there were no more corpse runs, no one in high keep to group with, etc. Blue felt good to play and I don't think every change made to p99 over the years actually made it feel better or more fun.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 10-29-2019, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Just think about how fun Kunark is going to be trying to get through all that content in 7 months! It will probubly be easy but here's to hoping that it takes the majority of us longer haha (we'll be done in 7 days, sigh) lol
Old 10-29-2019, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just think about how fun Kunark is going to be trying to get through all that content in 7 months! It will probubly be easy but here's to hoping that it takes the majority of us longer haha (we'll be done in 7 days, sigh) lol
See, I have no interest in "completing" anything. Just wanna log on and have fun! I have no desire for any of these list items, or to raid. Guess I am a different type of player.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

I meant competing with the NPCs if anything! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Do you have any idea how many farmers I have hailed since friday? lol a lot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I meant competing with the NPCs if anything! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Do you have any idea how many farmers I have hailed since friday? lol a lot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Farmers?
Old 10-29-2019, 02:27 PM
Kobold

Last night was day 4 and already the population is spreading out nicely. I have no trouble soloing blues in EP to feed my tradeskilling.

Problem is, many of the new players are really new. They don't know how to group. Got into a group last night to go to WK to (I thought) camp some bears and bandits (while I gathered as many cat pelts as possible). Nope. Ran around like mad killing every blue they could find (we were all about 5-ish). Grizzly? They ran away from it. Camp? Never heard the term. No real healer in the group, but a shaman who actually seemed to know what he was doing, but remained quiet while they ran around non stop, then wondered why no one was healing. After about an hour, lots of running, about half-bubble of exp, and no treasure (but I did get an overload of pelts to skill up with). Still, they were nice enough and having fun, it seemed. The shaman seemed a bit frustrated, as was I, but remained quiet.

Meanwhile, back in EP, people complaining about not finding blues in over 20 minutes, while I was killing spiderlings and cubs left and right with no one else in sight.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See, I have no interest in "completing" anything. Just wanna log on and have fun! I have no desire for any of these list items, or to raid. Guess I am a different type of player.
That is how I feel I'm here to have fun. It's not fun to find zero mobs to fight and or have to claim a camp in one spot in the newbie zone to have 1 mob to fight.

It's too bad they couldn't do layering that would have made it a lot better.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe Green isn't for you. Try Blue. It has a couple QoL features Green doesn't have, and you can get geared easily, and borderline powerleveled by buffs from people in EC.
Lol I was playing on TAKP last time I played EQ, the client isn't the issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2019, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Oh and BTW I'm on disability, been dealing with cancer for the last four years, so I have free time (when I'm feeling okay). That's not the issue.