Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Aviak

Exclamation Bard swarm kiting that kills other players

Has anyone just been killing mobs in a decent place such as an outdoor zone and bam - 100 mobs train by you, a few socially aggro you and you die?

You begin to ask yourself "Where the hell did that come from??" and then you think "I camped here because its pretty chill and easy to manage pulls"

Well, those are very common thoughts when that happens.

Now the real question is, does the bard consider the players that they train over and kill from social aggro?

No.

Do they consider the time wasted from a CR, rez and medding up?

No.

So what gain is it to log in and try to level?

None. Its grief and hard to level up. I lose 1/2 my night from CR's, medding and recovering from the loss. Makes me wanna just say screw it and go play another game.

I would like to hear other players thoughts on bard training from swarm kiting. It's not exactly intentional training, but it is collateral damage due to their lack of respect for others in outdoor zones.

There have been a few adventures I have recently seen bard swarm kites kill me along with others. It's almost like an epidemic in outdoor leveling zones.

It needs to stop. Training is training. Sometimes its accidental, those are understandable incidents. Blatant disregard and lack of respect for others' play space / camps is getting out of control.

This is not meant to be a troll or flame thread, this is meant to discuss the current server / outdoor zone situation with bards. Keep it civil and pointed.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:57 AM
Sarnak

Are you in the OT?

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 08-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Aviak

Yeah, been there a few times in the past week. Heard the same thing happen in DL too.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:01 AM
Sarnak

Many have been the times in which I have been subjected to the scourge that is the bard train. Generally its often in OT but at lower levels and on other characters I have been victim of it in Unrest as well.

There is a serious issue and lack of respect by the majority (not all mind you) of Bards on this server, especially after they cause an issue. Generally the conversation goes from one of us sending them a tell asking them to stop, or asking what happened and all you get is a "Lol, Sorry brah." or something asinine like that.

It happens far too often.

Other than this....it makes mobs extremely scarce in zones. One character pulling over half of the mobs in a zone like unrest when three other groups are trying to XP is hardly fair. I don't care if its a benefit of the bard class, its exploited, it hurts other players, it is unbalanced, and it should stop.

Astald Hardwood.
Last edited by Ketu Garyx; 08-17-2013 at 03:35 AM..
Old 08-17-2013, 03:22 AM
Sarnak

Jerks come in all classes.

I got yelled at for falling asleep in a group when I warned the group I was falling asleep... twice.

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 08-17-2013, 03:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketu Garyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many have been the times in which I have been subjected to the scourge that is the bard train. Generally its often in OT but at lower levels and on other characters I have been victim of it in Unrest as well.

There is a serious issue and lack of respect by the majority (not all mind you) of Bards on this server, especially after they cause an issue. Generally the conversation goes from one of us sending them a tell asking them to stop, or asking what happened and all you get is a "Lol, Sorry brah." or something asinine like that.

It happens far too often.

Other than this....it makes mobs extremely scarce in zones. One character pulling over half of the mobs in a zone like unrest when three other groups are trying to XP is hardly fair. I don't care if its a benefit of the bard class, its exploited, it hurts other players, it is unbalanced, and it should stop.

Astald Hardood.
I think this guy has a good point. If I were to run into a dungeon, FD 10 mobs, and those mobs kill people - who is to blame? ME. I am pretty sure there would be reprimand if I do it more than once. Even then, if it was fraps'd I am pretty sure I would be banned.

If I swarm kite and pull ALL mobs from common camps such as SF zone and mud pit in OT, run through 4-5 times and those mobs lose aggro but socially aggro someone else, meh, who cares. I wont get reprimanded and nobody cares.

But wait. bards have some sort of leniency here. It was an 'accident' and 'I shoudlnt have been at a common outdoor camp' is the attitude. You know what?

No.

That is a bs thought process.

I think Capi from BDA and others need to be held responsible. I dont care if your doing legit powerleveling. Your killing people and wasting other peoples' time.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

How exactly are you being trained? Just curious as all the "camps" in OT are on the walls. Seems like odds of you running out to pull a mob and his train happening across you at that moment would be low.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How exactly are you being trained? Just curious as all the "camps" in OT are on the walls. Seems like odds of you running out to pull a mob and his train happening across you at that moment would be low.
Bards in OT pull half the zone and their mobs just path after them, crossing right over others if they are in the way. There is no way to control them and it's very easy to get in aggro range if you are out looking for mobs to pull etc. I've been in groups in DL when huge trains along the wall have passed right over the top of us. I've always zoned into and out of KC after our mob was down just as a precaution. It's very rude IMO.

This is one of the reasons I don't low HP kite, and do my best to stay away from others, and only pull manageable swarms when I do AoE kite (I was over it by level 40; it's a dull way to play). I've gotten into a few arguments in OT with other Bards over their lack of consideration for other players. I totally feel the OP.

Not much anyone can do though. I know how to mess them up if they are really obnoxious, but it's never come to that. To be fair, many of the kiting Bards are reasonable. It's the few who are making it bad for everyone.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Fire Giant

As a bard I have only ever PBAE kited once on p1999, it was a disaster. I always preferred to charm kite with 3 or 4 mobs at once but that is still broken here so I'm reduced to either fear kiting or joining a group(!).

As a filthy hybrid groups seem to be few and far between because everyone is trying to maximize their playtime and don't want a bard sucking their exp away (seriously I was told once to f@$% off when I ask to join a group because I would slow down their exp). This means bards generally have to solo - the most efficient way would then be to swarm kite half a zone.

If people stopped trying to min max everything and just enjoyed the game maybe more people would group and have fun.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its grief and hard to level up. I lose 1/2 my night from CR's, medding and recovering from the loss. Makes me wanna just say screw it and go play another game.

I would like to hear other players thoughts on bard training from swarm kiting. It's not exactly intentional training.
1. It's not griefing, that would require intent imo.
2. If you lose half your night recovering from deaths, then you need to be more careful about where you are and what you're doing.
3. Don't quit, just stop letting yourself get killed. You admit it isn't intentional, so it isn't like the bards are hunting you down and dragging mobs over you on purpose when you are fighting something that will social aggro. So just move to a spot they don't train across, or pull stuff that isn't social, or pick a new zone.

But all that aside, 4. If you die because of mobs that are aggrod on a bard aggroing you, then it IS "training" and it IS against the rules even if it was 100% unintentional. Petition it. Server rules say it is the bard's fault and that he will be punished for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Training
Training can be defined as the intentional manipulation of NPC Placement and Aggro in such a way that causes it to attack another player that it wouldn't have otherwise if at it's normal spawn location. The most basic form of this is "dumping" mobs near another player or party and escaping via a form of teleportation or death. Intentional or not, this is against the rules. This rule is not limited to the basic example given, as there are many different forms of training players will use. You take all responsibility for mobs that you aggro. If you are trying to escape from a pack of NPC's but there is another group in your way, do not run through them. Even if your intention is not to train them, it would inevitable cause this and you may be subject to disciplinary. It is recommended that you take the death (Your responsibility for aggroing the mobs) and request a resurrection from nearby players.

If you happen to accidentally train a group of players, please immedietely notify the staff via /petition that you have done so by accident. Apologize to the players in question, and assist them with any recovery needed. If the staff hears about your train before you tell them, intention is no longer an excuse. (Repeated unintentional trains will still result in disciplinary action).
The staff don't seem to be very forceful in applying the training rules though, except maybe when it applies to raiding situations, probably because there is so much training going on every day because no one thinks that the "i didnt do it on purpose bro, i was just trying to get to a zoneline alive" training is illegal. Just look at all the stupid fucks who train all of the outpost to SF or FM every day and then say "sorry dude, i warned you guys" or "it wasn't on purpose" if you call them out on it.

I kinda wish people would get a week suspension for training to see if people started to actually be a little careful with their shit. But I guess it's pretty hard to confirm training just by hearing two people tell one-sided stories and looking at logs. Even screenshots don't really get the story across usually, and almost no one has fraps ready to go on a moment's notice.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 08-17-2013 at 10:17 AM..
Closed Thread