Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

well geared monk or SK can do it. Both classes will require great gear.

SK will be slower, but will get you there.

Why not buy things like pumice stones or kilvas skin of flame? They are in the game, for players to use to their advantage. This is their intended use.

You're only less of a solo artist if you have another player buffing you
Old 05-14-2020, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol @ the monk tunnel vision in this thread. A bis pally will win out on any named vs a monk if FD isn’t an absolute requirement.
Would be curious to see a time trial between BiS monk and BiS pally on the same set of clickies.

Pick a named mob. Start at given dungeon's zone-in.

Start stopwatch at first spell / pull (calm / jav), timer stops when named mob is dead.

Obviously this would require said dungeon to be empty. Could be done as a live race too if you had two identical copy servers of blue with the ability to create gear out of thin air.

I just don't see the paladin being able to keep up.
Last edited by kjs86z; 05-14-2020 at 03:25 PM..
Old 05-14-2020, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You're only less of a solo artist if you have another player buffing you
You're not a solo artist with other players buffs imo.

Im not trying to discredit previous solo challenges but they all were done with some sort of assistance or another.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not a solo artist with other players buffs imo.

Im not trying to discredit previous solo challenges but they all were done with some sort of assistance or another.
ok yeah if someones buffing you, you aren't a solo artist, you're being PL'd at lvl 60!
Old 05-14-2020, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

I've solo'd around seb on my paladin and I'd take the monk
Old 05-14-2020, 06:12 PM
Kobold

Does bard count as a melee?
Old 05-14-2020, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

depends where you wanna crawl to and camp stuff? melee only huh? Monk or SK with uber gear and clickies can kill fungi king(Ive done on sk) no other melee class can come close. If it's crawling to ABC or Disco or Crypt - add pally and bard as choices. whichever class you pick it won't be easy and requires really good gear esp if it's self-buff only
Old 05-14-2020, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Soloed around Seb plenty on my Paladin, if calm fails you have Root. I have 5500 hpts and 1600 AC self buffed. I have enough mana to heal myself with HoTs for like 12k. That doesn't count include Lay Hands or clickies like Soulfire. Primal and Vulak Axe/Tunare Sword/Great Spear of Dawn do pretty good damage. Sword and Board or swap in epic for bashes + paly stuns make dealing with casters a lot easier than most other melee.

I know I can solo any of the crypt bosses. I can't really recall if I bothered with much of the other stuff, I usually go solo NG or the other bugs as something I can do while I do other stuff in rl between spawns.

I would imagine a SK is very capable as well. A well equipped monk can do pretty well and FD is awesome but at certain point hpt recovery will be much slower for a monk than a paladin. So in a race FD would let you skip a lot of stuff but it depends on the ruleset.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-15-2020, 08:06 AM
Sarnak

Your Pally is a beast.

I think this "challenge" thread is pretty vague and left to ones own interpretation so saying that. When I do my own form of this challenge, I'll not use FD to get passed any mobs but if I can sneak passed and it wl help save time for efficiency ill try it. Also going to use clickies that are appropriate for the class, bio orb, pre nerf fungus staff, etc. But going to bank all heal potions and replace them with bandages lol.

Feel free to tune into my stream tonight at 10pm est. And join my discord if you guys want to chat about the challenge and spit ball ideas.. ill post a link later.

Again this is very informal and mostly for fun. My purpose for this is not flex but to show its difficulty. Again I'm going from ent to disco boss. This should be fun
Old 05-15-2020, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

This endeavour really warrants it’s own thread closer to the time to ensure people don’t miss out. It sounds like a fun twitch to participate in. My ranger is roughly hot tier gear and even a basic solo encounter in seb is risky to put it mildly. It will be interesting to see what can be done with a better tier of gear/class.
Closed Thread