Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 07:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I was about to say something about this thread going off topic with shaman cliff golem stuff. However, it got me thinking a cliff golem solo might let me get a gauge for other stuff.

So the most important note here is that I had a VoG so not really a full on legit attempt (Normally I would only have my Eye Patch of Plunder spell haste and my worn haste). Other than the VoG, just self buffs.

I took a druid over with me for a quick escape. The druid casted no heals debuffs or buffs and was only there for a port out to avoid faction hit or incase it just looked terrible from the get go.

The fight went pretty well. I got the golem down to 20% when I asked the druid to port. I had about 40% life and 20% mana. I used Lay Hands during the fight but no consumables or Soulfire charges. I think I was going to have a close win without those things and definitely would with them.

Additional considerations:
  • I didn't proc Avatar pre-fight but I procced it pretty early on. I was just trying to do a quick test and not chew up the time of the dial a porter helping me.
  • During the fight the golem landed 175 hits. I'm looking forward to the day I win the angry roll. That would have been an additional 4375 damage to the golem with that additional DS.
  • I didn't attempt to use any slow consumables. Not sure they would have landed and I don't feel like swinging with a Tash stick is a good use of time. I'd like to get a Willsapper but currently am rolling guildless due to rl busyness so that makes it a bit tough.

Last thing, the topic of enrage comes up sometimes. As a Paly I can just cast DA so I'm not just getting beat up without doing any damage. Infact I often get to enjoy a few ticks of HoT while being invul.
Damn, even to 20% is impressive.

I imagine it could be done if you had a ton of plat and were willing to burn it all on clicks for the sake of bragging rights. Hell, even tash sticking + strings on the foreman would probably get that last bit done without VoG.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Stating the obvious here but that’s very impressive. Pre-fight Avatar or a mallet charge could have sealed the deal if you were going until one of you dropped.

I thought the Cliff Golem subject was dumb but it’s a consistent level and easy to get too.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I thought the Cliff Golem subject was dumb but it’s a consistent level and easy to get too.
Which is the opposite of a dungeon crawl.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

It's a good stand-in for a named mob fight though.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is the opposite of a dungeon crawl.
Have you used lull before? With a modicum of charisma and a basic understanding of targeting its a very efficient way to travel. Ask any enchanter.

My point is that a cliff golem is one helluva target which is at least half the problem posed by the OP.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

Wiki comparison of some choice named mobs, cliff golem and some easy target named mobs in Seb.

Cliff Golem:
Lvl 58
AC: 396
HP: 30000
Dmg per hit: 81 - 224
Summons, Enrages, High MR

Emperor Chottal:
Lvl 60
AC: 511
HP: 19000
Dmg per hit: 142 - 280
Unstunnable, necro spells, immune to flee

Myconid Spore King:
Lvl 56
AC: 478
HP: 17750
Dmg per hit: 132 - 330
Enrages, Paladin spells

Sebilite protector
Lvl 60
AC: 511
HP: 19000
Dmg per hit: 260 - 555

Hierophant Prime Grekal
Lvl 55
AC: 470
HP: 13750
Dmg per hit: 78 - 215
Shaman spells

Froglok Chef
Lvl 52
AC: 446
HP: 10750
Dmg per hit: 76 - 206

I think based on these numbers that Cliff Golem is about on par with Spore King and maybe a small step weaker than Chottal and Sebilite Protector. Froglok Chef and Hierophant are cakewalks in comparison.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which grandmaster are you referring to?
http://wiki.project1999.com/Grandmaster_H%60Qilm
or
http://wiki.project1999.com/Grandmaster_R%60Tal
Also, did you see a monk solo one of these without wort pots, Soulfire, or strings? That would be very impressive.
It was r'tal and no a lot of worts were used. That Cliff golem fight very impressive.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was r'tal and no a lot of worts were used. That Cliff golem fight very impressive.
You recall if a slowstone click was used?
Old 06-03-2020, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You recall if a slowstone click was used?
that or mallet im sure.

i went to fuck around in crypt and those named get smoked, i wasnt dropping below 90% self buffed (died to first yosig bc i forgot they flee, had to grab an ankesmasher). have not tried chottal but i will if i can get the drive to spawn him.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

Long time no speak (had a 6 hour brain surgery last month but damn glad to be alive!); most of ya guys know me. It really surprises me that, with a group of extremely smart gamer nerds, it took until page 7 before someone mentioned a warrior.

I can confirm, in a monk/monk/warrior trio with a messed up pull with 1 monk dying and the 2nd having to zone with 3-5% hp, I was able to get off a clean tag on the fungi king. I was then able to solo the fungi king without much of an issue as a warrior. The monk who lived flopped back down to find the king at 35% and me at 55%-60%; at that point I had a slight net hp gain.

The essence of solo EQ is damage mitigation. Period. Why shamans, necros and to a lesser extent enchanters and monks are such powerhouse solo artists. A warrior, with the right gear and right way to play him, is right there in the chase.

Warriors have by far the most mitigation of any melee. Out of every 9 minute period, we are able to take 50% less damage. 33% of your time having that is rather broken when you stack it with the utility various procs provide. If you have the right weapons and gear as a warrior you can solo things only Shamans, Necros and Enchanters can pull off. Don't believe me?

Equipment you need:
- Pre-Nerf Fungi Stick & Fungi Tunic. You're now regaining as much hit points as an iksar monk.
- Journeyman's walking stick - gotta stick a tash for later procs on high end solo hitlist stuff
- A willsapper (preferable with the 35%) or Koi trident for the early slow
- A truncheon of doom to then land the big 50% slow
- A razor fang of xygoz to land the mark of karn next
- However many dots you want to try to stack - i usually go for 2-5 depending on hardness off the mob. IIRC, i stacked 4 on that fungi king
- Then you swap in a scimitar of lifestealing 150pt lifetap mainhand and a jaelaens katana 80 lifetap offhand.

You should be able to proc all 4-9 procs, including dots, within a 1.5 to 2 minute period. Most times when all the procs are landed, I'll drop defensive - because even without defensive a warrior will be regaining hitpoints with this set up vrs the Fungi King and Emp Chottal. 100% of the time, first hand confirmed.

So as a warrior we have:

1) The most raw damage mitigation potential - not even factoring how broken defensive makes it to land all the procs you need. I would venture that a BiS warrior takes 90-92% of the received raw dmg as a BiS iksar monk. With an extreme example of the right equipment, a warrior can self regenerate as much as that monk. The long term monk healing over the duration of the fight will be significantly less than a warrior's though simply because of the 150 pt lifetap compared to 80 pt (scimitar of lifestealing vrs gharns) - in addition to lack of offhand lifetap for monks. Thats a TON of lost hitpoints from the -70 lifetap mainhand and 0 lifetap offhand.
And when you start running the in depth numbers, the mark of karn off the razor fang miitigates another 2% or so.

2) Far and away the most versatility. I will say that a ranger comes close, but the lack of lifestealing weapon procs, combined with their rather abysmal mitigation makes them pretty low on the melee solo totem pole.

I'm not going to lie - I don't do nearly the DPS a monk or even a palladius/heartwood pally or SK would do with my solo set up (mainly due to scimitar being 9/18... I've played around with Jalaens MH and a bloodpoint offhand but the mitigation drops significantly). But I don't have to do as much DPS when I'm mitigating the received damage as such a higher rate. The name of the game is solo challenge, not speed solo challenge.

The only major drawback as a solo warrior is the pulls - not sugar coating it. You have to know your class inside and out, know the zone and exactly where the proximity and body agro planes are along with a little luck. But I can and have solo'd down to NG, Disco 1 and Chef/Bar area as a warrior - without using a single expendible item clickie. Some OT hammer procs I'lll grant, but not a single charged item. When I got 2 or 3, I calmly pop defensive, rooted the casters, exited LoS and solo'd down the melee.

Thanks for letting me ramble. Not much else for me to do besides read at the moment- playing video games right now gives me a horrible migraine unfortunately. But hell I'm alive! I don't know if I'll ever be able to come back and play. <3 all you guys. Life is too damn short - value what you got.

Kental Cowtipper, 60 Warrior

TLDR; Warriors are insanely underrated solo artists with the right collection of gear and a little skill.
Last edited by KentalCowtipper; 06-04-2020 at 02:05 PM..
Closed Thread