Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 02:28 PM
Banned

Default Camp rule clarification

If you die at a camp you are holding solo, is it forfeit? Or do you have a certain window to get back to the camp before somebody else can take it?

I took over a camp somebody died at, and they showed back up like 4-5 min later and said it's camped. I didn't argue the point and gave it back, but it did make me wonder what the actual rule is?
Old 06-04-2020, 02:32 PM
Orc

If you die, zone log out or anything to leave the zone you forfeit the camp.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:32 PM
Kobold

Lol - you die you lose the camp even if you are bound 10 feet from it if someone else engages before you.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:35 PM
Banned

Ok that's what I thought. I was too nice to that dude!
Old 06-04-2020, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

To piggy back on this a little. I had a small dispute with a group awhile back in paw, they were obviously breaking into the zone because they were still at the entrance and lots of mobs were still alive.

I went and started fighting the gnoll in front of the safe room. They stormed in and took it from me, claiming I was trying to steal their camp. However it was clear they hadn't been camping this yet since both the safe room mob and the little bedroom next to it were both up and the mobs near the double doors were also up.

Do they actually have any rights to those mobs? I bounced because I didn't feel like dealing with it, but my understanding was that I didn't do anything wrong there, they either weren't even where they intended to camp yet, or they couldn't hold the mobs they said they were claiming.

A second scenario was less confrontational but, I arrived at Vhalen Nostrolo to see him still up and an AFK feigned monk there. I hailed him, I cc'd, no response, I waited about 2 minutes, no response, so I took him.

While killing Vhalen for the second time, the monk sent me a tell saying he was logging off and I could have the camp if I wanted it. I said sure, but at that point I had been at the camp for almost 10 minutes anyways with this dude afk. If he came back, did he actually have any right to it? Nostrolo would've been up for almost 10 minutes.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To piggy back on this a little. I had a small dispute with a group awhile back in paw, they were obviously breaking into the zone because they were still at the entrance and lots of mobs were still alive.

I went and started fighting the gnoll in front of the safe room. They stormed in and took it from me, claiming I was trying to steal their camp. However it was clear they hadn't been camping this yet since both the safe room mob and the little bedroom next to it were both up and the mobs near the double doors were also up.

Do they actually have any rights to those mobs? I bounced because I didn't feel like dealing with it, but my understanding was that I didn't do anything wrong there, they either weren't even where they intended to camp yet, or they couldn't hold the mobs they said they were claiming.

A second scenario was less confrontational but, I arrived at Vhalen Nostrolo to see him still up and an AFK feigned monk there. I hailed him, I cc'd, no response, I waited about 2 minutes, no response, so I took him.

While killing Vhalen for the second time, the monk sent me a tell saying he was logging off and I could have the camp if I wanted it. I said sure, but at that point I had been at the camp for almost 10 minutes anyways with this dude afk. If he came back, did he actually have any right to it? Nostrolo would've been up for almost 10 minutes.

Hard to believe that someone would become indignant over a mob they're not killing!

Jack - Server First Erudite
Old 06-04-2020, 02:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well the rules state that you keep the mob(s) or PH(s) cleared. Doesn't say how long the mob may stay unengaged to meet the requirement of "cleared". So the two parties have to figure it out with each other about that.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

if you die you DO technically forfeit the camp. However, if its clear thats what happened and they came straight back I would most likely give the camp back. I just think thats the "play nice" thing to do. They are probably already having a bad day if they just died.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok that's what I thought. I was too nice to that dude!
There is a difference between "legal" and "right"!

Legally you CAN take it....but it's a jerk move. Especially when trying to snipe a camp from some group exping or something (happened to my group! we had all gotten together a full group for some adventure.....died to a train...and someone sniped it! ...but they left soon after, so it worked out ok).
Old 06-04-2020, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

It's probably loose on purpose. I'm just thinking of breaking the crystal room in Najena. With a 19 minute respawn, the last magician would be up for a minimum of 11-12 minutes before I actually engaged it. This was never a dispute (Najena's fairly dead... pun totally intended), but "keep ___ cleared" ---> "actively clearing" ---> "waiting for an appropriate time to engage to break a camp" is something that should probably be discussed between the players.

Now, what happens if someone purposely trains your camp (sure the trainer can get in trouble, but can someone else come and claim your camp? That sounds like it could be abused)? What if someone accidentally trains your camp and you wipe? What if it's a bad pull? What if it's only a partial wipe (monk and/or necro FD), but need to wait for the dead parties to get back? I think there's a bit more nuance to holding a camp than "if you die, you lose the camp".
Last edited by Sabin76; 06-04-2020 at 03:07 PM..
Closed Thread