Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many corpses?
Did people really corpse for 90% exp rez and swarm back to full exp at 50? oh man RiP to them, lol.
That was one of the more clever ideas I saw on the forums prior to kunark launch.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-07-2020 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: fixed typo
Old 11-07-2020, 01:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

What bothers me the most is that this experiment hurts new players drastically worse than other players. Some of us joined less than a month ago and now have an even tougher uphill battle to catch up to established players.

Those players who have been on for a while can still twink and give over powered items to their new toons. Us newer players are now stuck on the hard grind trying to get our first toon above 40 until early December. Even if we wanted to start a new iksar, we now have to contend with twinked out, power leveling guilds.

As others have stated, the type of players who would use these exploits already have way better exploits that go way beyond crushbone belts, greater lightstones, and gnoll teeth. I honestly hope this is reversed or is limited to iksars.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:40 PM
Banned

Naturally
Old 11-07-2020, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

I’m not trying to bitch too much, but this quest nerf kind of sucks.
Yeah, I’m a huge noob that only plays like 3-8 hours a week. I don’t have homies to buff we while I grind a good spot, and I am usually unable to commit to a group for too long because I am a working man with small children. I work in a factory and cannot kill shit and get back to work. I am terrible at evergrind, but in the night I like to smoke a bowl, drink a beer, listen to some dungeon synth, and quest my way around Norath for an hour or so before I go to sleep. I already leveled characters extremely slow because I only ever have the slightest idea what’s going on in this game.
This basically puts my leveling on all my toons to a standstill.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:56 PM
Banned

Well.. this sucks. Im out.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

The guy who exploits wants to exploit - surprise surprise.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

What exploit?
Old 11-07-2020, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

/list
LOL
Old 11-07-2020, 02:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

QQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Public Service Announcement: There will be no quest experience until approximately December 6, 2020

In regards to Rogean's statement below I have a couple questions and a couple observations for Rogean, the Devs and the community

Exploits
Is turning in level appropriate quest items for classic quests for the normal quest exp an exploit? What "expected exploits" did you find and if you "expected" them could we just have patched the exploits?

What is "obtaining levels naturally"?
For 1 month people can't use bonechips and lightstones, but level 1 Iksars can use Brazier of Elemental Summoning to summon a level 12 fire pet with a 14dmg DS that lasts until you zone or log

For 1 month people can't use gnoll scrolls, but certain guilds with 1-2 Red Dragoon Tooth can have level 1's summon level 50 lifetapping 55dmg quadding monsters to take them to level 50.

Are those 2 ways "obtaining their levels naturally" as Rogean describes it?

Conclusion
It seems the elite with dragon teeth can level how they please, but those plebs who gathered bones and stones can take a hike.

EQ was great because it was a sandbox. Sadly, P99 is becoming more and more of theme park. Cherrypicking what isn't classic has added to this. Calling normal classic quests at the normal levels giving normal exp "exploits" is gaslighting. You could just say "We personally don't like this way of doing things." It would be more honest.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whofedsparta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well.. this sucks. Im out.
lol