Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-10-2017, 09:38 PM
Orc

Default Which laptop to buy?

I am looking for suggestions on a cheaper (under 800) laptop to buy that will run p99. I guess my real question is can chrombooks run p99? I will be traveling a lot this year and a 2 in 1 sounds interesting but not sure if I can geek when I get downtime. Thanks for your input!
Old 09-11-2017, 07:22 AM
Sarnak

A chrome book will run on chrome to begin with, you will have to get rid of that and put windows on it if you want to install EQ, plus they run on atom/celeron wich are slow cpu, it will probably run EQ but not smooth at all. I don't recommend.

Get something with an i3/i5, Everquest is pretty cpu intensive, the gpu don't matter much even an intel chipset would be enough, even better if you can get something with a nvidia or ati gpu in it.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:48 AM
Sarnak

If your ok going in the 700 range you could get a decent gaming laptop that's running an older GPU (GTX8 or 9 series) or just a 1050M, for around about that range. Also will give you the option to doodle around in some other games with respectable settings if you'd choose to do so.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Thumbs up look here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedge89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am looking for suggestions on a cheaper (under 800) laptop to buy that will run p99. I guess my real question is can chrombooks run p99? I will be traveling a lot this year and a 2 in 1 sounds interesting but not sure if I can geek when I get downtime. Thanks for your input!
MSI - gaming laptops are very nice
Acer - has stepped up there gaming offers
Asus best all arounds
Razor - Best laptops (without the apple on them)

Found this one it will easily run EQ, but it is kind of large also its just in your buget.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Last edited by Goodest; 09-11-2017 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: not good with dem words things
Old 09-14-2017, 06:55 PM
Orc

Went à little over budget... But I got me self a MSI GL62M 7RDX-1408 15.6" Full HD Thin & Light Performance Gaming Laptop Computer Quad Core i7-7700HQ, GeForce GTX 1050 2G Graphics, 8GB DRAM, 128GB SSD+1TB Hard Drive SteelSeries Red Backlit KB. I think that will do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for the suggestions dudes!