Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 01:53 AM
Aviak

Yea because epic rogues got so many options for plat farming... oh wait, rogues cant solo any notable shit....

Get to 60 and find a nice shaman to duo millions of plat with.. She will never have that option and will always be rolling against 5 other players..
Old 01-24-2016, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

It does really suck to get your hopes up on an item and have things work out completely different than you expected. As someone who has every item they want, I can honestly say pixels aren't important in the grand scheme of things for you to get this worked up about them. T-staves aren't that expensive and you'll get one eventually if you don't get permabanned by being a idiot to the staff. Just take a deep breath, say fuck it, and try to salvage some dignity. Because otherwise your venting is just gonna be entertainment for RnF.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:54 AM
Banned

weapon upgrade for the monk, armor upgrade for the rogue

do you understand how this game works in the least?
Old 01-24-2016, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

And Zerol raises a very good point. Rogues are the absolute worst solo class in the game. The only way for a high level rogue to earn plat is to win rare drops from, usually, 1 in 6 odds. I had saved about 3k by the time I was 57 on Cecily. If that person is a main rogue hunting in KC, I assure you she needs the platinum. Badly.

Instead of being happy for her, you... yeah.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And Zerol raises a very good point. Rogues are the absolute worst solo class in the game. The only way for a high level rogue to earn plat is to win rare drops from, usually, 1 in 6 odds. I had saved about 3k by the time I was 57 on Cecily. If that person is a main rogue hunting in KC, I assure you she needs the platinum. Badly.

So how did the "main rogue" farm the plat for a rogue epic MQ ms smartypants?
Old 01-24-2016, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

If you quest your own, like I did at 47, you're only farming ~10k for the robes if you're unlucky. Whether or not the person needs the plat is irrelevant, but in the case of a main rogue it's almost certain they do.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:07 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just want you to know, that it's even harder for a monk, since I can only carry friggen 16-17 pounds my whole life. You know how much I have total? under 50 platinum...Anytime I need a port, I have to pay..At least rogues can hold items and pick pocket, and I can't solo either, at least anything that is going to upgrade me.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
If you quest your own, like I did at 47, you're only farming ~10k for the robes if you're unlucky. Whether or not the person needs the plat is irrelevant, but in the case of a main rogue it's almost certain they do.
now you're just being dishonest

tell me with a straight face you think this rogue in a <Dark Winter>-esque guild quested their own epic

I dare you
Old 01-24-2016, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

Everyone here who wasn't a RMTer started out dirt poor. You aren't going to get much sympathy. Therein lies the whole fun of EQ, going from rags to riches. It takes time. Try to have some empathy for other people, like I'm trying to have for you. Just realize that to pretty much everyone you're the bad guy in this situation. You should probably publicly apologize.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now you're just being dishonest

tell me with a straight face you think this rogue in a <Dark Winter>-esque guild quested their own epic

I dare you
I quested mine unguilded.
Closed Thread