Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely missed his calling as a social worker. Glad that he'll still be around in some capacity.

And you missed the memo that real life isn't all that interesting.

"social worker" is garbo tier

"GM" is god tier

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-03-2018, 08:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My personal opinion is, when you have evidence that one of us is corrupt or made a bad call, it's only fair to give the Senior Staff a chance to handle it. If for some reason you don't get a response within a couple weeks, do what you will but at least give them a chance. The other thing is, unless you PM us some vulgar obscenity, I can't see you getting banned or suspended. There has been many, many players that have tested my patience that I could of easily justified a suspension, and I know other staff have been in the same situation. In our roles there's accusations of favoritism every god damn day... there's so much you guys don't see. I didn't learn about true crazy till I started volunteering to help run this server. If Rogean would let me, I'd love to have a forum dedicated to "crazies" posts. Much like Maddox's hate mail, so good.

I deal with camp disputes every day, but those on such a small scale that people calm down after a couple hours or I give them a 12 hour break to chill out and I never hear anything about it after. Raid petitions suck because it affects so many people so the hate machine can grow much faster.

Just give management a chance to deal with situations, I'm just trying to show you these accusations are daily. But you must have evidence of some kind.

There's a few petitions in our queue about these flagged for Rogean. It's his place to review the evidence and decide what to do case by case. As he stated he's working 85 hour weeks right now, so it'll take time. We have also had a flux of players thinking this is an opportunity to try getting unbanned/suspended for completely unrelated stuff, stop it.

<3
I think the issue is the damage is already done. It can't be reversed - one guild is dead and another suffered severe damage. Even after these responses I feel like I have to hold my tongue - I in no way, want to bash or be passive aggressive or anything else - but i'm definitely still afraid to speak my mind on these forums about certain issues. I will wait to see how the forum bans etc are handled I guess.

When it comes to the evidence they presented (about the timers specifically) they were 100% scared. I was explicitly told when I heard about it not to mention it in-game or on anywhere on the forums or p99 reddit, that it would result in nothing but trouble. There is no doubt in my mind they were afraid.
Last edited by dcrag; 12-03-2018 at 08:17 PM..
Old 12-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You left the thread open for comments, so I'm assuming you're wanting them.

99% of your post seems very reasonable and level, but I think there's one huge logical error: The fact that there's no log showing "spell ID 1337 (favoritism)" when chaining out the recent Core raid suspensions doesn't make bias in that case (for example) a matter of opinion.

While we're lucky on one hand that Sirken does want to stick around and continue to spend time helping run the project, the fact that he even wants to after a public demotion should just be further proof that there's some pixel-related sickness going on here. And don't bring this up because I think it makes him a bad guy; it's normal. I bring it up because I think it further proves my point of bias and favoritism. It should be easy to walk away from something you're impartial about and have always made healthy decisions concerning, no?

All of this matters only if you want to really "fix" the raid scene. You need to see that favoritism exists and is inherent in the evolution of the convoluted raid rules over the last seven years. Once you can accept that you can focus putting the onus back on the small minority of players who fuck it up for everyone else and let CSRs get back to providing the CS portion of the acronym.

This is a great post, I have no idea how to fix the raid scene personally - but everyone has bias, even sitting judges.

There is one thing that is obvious though, I think it should be the players responsibility to work out the raiding situation - like Kayso said - let the CSR's get back to the CS.

Edit: From reading the rules and the early posts it seems that the idea was to have GM's as a last resort intervention for raid disputes - I think we have lost touch with that on blue 99.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

So which staff is being changed? Wizards should get a staff with summon familar but in velious era. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So which staff is being changed? Wizards should get a staff with summon familar but in velious era. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2018, 10:02 PM
Kobold

Feels like Clinton winning his impeachment. Salute to Sirken, you get you keep your internship. Streams gonna be real boring relegated to desk duty though

Byel- 60th level Magician of <Asgard>
Kimboh- 46th level Monk of <Asgard>
Old 12-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Banned

Haynar relating how we should handle GM's here with how we should handle managers at work... LOL

hey dude, project 1999 is not a job, sirken is not my manager. get a grip. Ill shit post him all i want, where ever I want. He is the idiot, not me
Old 12-03-2018, 10:43 PM
Orc

Thanks Rogean, and thanks Sirken, appreciate all the hard work.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for putting up with the server's shenanigans for so long. I think the vast majority on p99 appreciate the staff.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good, because that is exactly what you should not be doing.

Guys, read my post. It’s really simple. You don’t go make a god damn public post calling out staff members. You send a forum PM to myself or nilbog.

I just don’t understand how you guys can’t grasp this concept. I’ve seen like 4 posts now of people that are referencing bans for making public posts. Read this until you understand it:

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me or Nilbog.
If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me or Nilbog.

Again that’s a >>>>>FORUM PM<<<<<

Not hard to understand, if you are following this procedure, the only person that sees your PM is the person(s) you sent it to, and thus you can’t possibly be banned by the person you are reporting.

There’s no excuse for not being able to do this.
I mean, I don't have a dog in the race here, I'm mega casual, but I've kept up on the p99 drama lately. From what I understand is people have contacted you multiple times about many issues regarding Sirken in the past and it just gets ignored, only when it was released in a VERY public way was anything actually handled. Again, I've never actually interracted with the p99 staff besides to get a rotted body back and am strictly going off what I've read in the posts here, but I just don't understand why you would only want things handled via PM, if there is proof of wrongdoing, why would you be so adamant against it's release?
Closed Thread