Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 09:10 AM
Orc

OK, I had logged in. Logged into my character in North Ro. Then everything locked up. So I had to bring up my task manager to kill the client.

Waited a few, logged back in, and right when I go to click on the blue server, it kicks me back to the login screen. So I log in again and it gives me:

Quote:
Error 1017: Cannot login to the Everquest server. You may need to re-run the update patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary.
I've patched this about 3 different times this morning. The last time just 10 minutes ago.

EDIT: Seems I can't even log into other servers like the EZ server, which isn't part of P99. Well...I guess I patch once again.

EDIT 2: Nope. Can't log into anything now. Even rebooted my machine and every time I try to log into the Blue server...or any server...I'm kicked back out to the Login Screen.
Last edited by goofball_jones; 09-08-2019 at 09:18 AM..
Old 09-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Large Bat

I'm also having the erased characters problem.
I logged in fine with the p99files48, but this happened when the p99files49 went live.
Hopefully it will sort it self out...
Old 09-08-2019, 09:30 AM
Fire Giant

Tried to repatch, and it is now telling me that access is denied when trying to create the dsetup.dll file.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried to repatch, and it is now telling me that access is denied when trying to create the dsetup.dll file.
Using Bitdefender? Got the same shit, had to disable it then restart the machine to copy the files
Old 09-08-2019, 09:36 AM
Aviak

Having no pet window is really going to disable the entire pet classes. How do we know when to heal pet and watch the HP's of what the pet is killing? I see the end of all pet classes because of this patch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ezzlazen
Old 09-08-2019, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhite057 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dang! what happen to pet window and EQ setting button
are they going to fix that? or is it off for a reason ?
read the patch notes, they removed some things that wasn't classic.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using Bitdefender? Got the same shit, had to disable it then restart the machine to copy the files
I am, I disabled it, got it installed, turned it back on, but it keeps flagging the file and not letting me start the game unless I keep BitDefender off.

**Update - Now I am in, but no characters......***
Last edited by Arnaz; 09-08-2019 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: Add
Old 09-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zauber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having no pet window is really going to disable the entire pet classes. How do we know when to heal pet and watch the HP's of what the pet is killing? I see the end of all pet classes because of this patch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ezzlazen
Press F1 twice.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Orc

Default Pet Commands

For those with questions on pets.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide
Old 09-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Fire Giant

How do you fix the no character issue?
Closed Thread