Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 01:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The board is very skewed towards certain classes and I'm not positive there is a way to really fix that. Accepting and not concerned about the fact that I am out matched by those particular classes and often lead myself in to 4-6 v 1 situations I would be happier to see the leader board broken down more so for level 56-60 where real pvp takes place and eliminate chodes like Smallmee and what not. Also a board exploiter like Ragnaros should be whipped and eliminated from the board, placed in dead last. That was just stupid to even allow that.

My deaths are a quality example.

Page 1 = 20 deaths
Rogue deaths - 6
Wizard Deaths - 9
Tstaff Monk - 3
Anyone else - 2
Probably the dumbest pvp related comment I have seen ever. The board isn't skewed, it gives the same points regardless of the class, which is how it should be. I will be nice enough to outline a list of possible reasons why you die more to certain classes:

- DPS classes that is just better suited for pvp KILLS. You do realize eq wasn't originally built for PVP, and thus is very unbalanced for it.
- Rogue/monks tend to be some of the most twinked/geared toons, and wizards are probably one of the most common classes on the server.
- You suck at pvping vs these classes.

Probably a combination of all 3.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

how much trouble would it be to sort by class. id like to see the top killer for each class assuming they added their class to the leaderboard.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Banned

for gods sake fix the point system, a level 13 that is 0-2 is worth more than a level 60 who is 19-8
Old 12-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

why are lowbies worth any points honestly?
Old 12-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

How is the board supposed to know what level a player is you tards? Until an API is in place to get data direct from the server it is going to be fucked up.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is the board supposed to know what level a player is you tards? Until an API is in place to get data direct from the server it is going to be fucked up.
could make someone have to go un anon to add them to the leaderboard (or for points to count)

right now you can add your class with an ooc message. im sure he could add some kind of registry where you had to be un anon to get your level and class recorded.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

We're working on that for new season.

*turn off anon/role*
/tell monitor Check my level

Monitor does /who all Jerk

Level confirmed
Old 12-10-2014, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for gods sake fix the point system, a level 13 that is 0-2 is worth more than a level 60 who is 19-8
get a grip man
Old 12-10-2014, 01:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recognition amongst pasty nerds.

Serious business around here.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Board Edits

I just saw a guy get a yt in ooc and have his kill taken off boards. Seems some kills get removed and others don't. Must be nice. *cough* Super shady *cough*
Closed Thread