Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are pl'ing melee that have decent weapons you can root tank.

I power levelled a rogue in the basement of befallen and just root tanked + positioned. Would probably be even faster with ds Bp. Best part? Level 16 Necros usually have higher level pets for double the xp.

Really only good till about 22 but we did 8-22 in a few hours.
This is pretty much what i do. Root tank for the rogue, summon a pet to help Damage ( not out damage him). Shaman DS pots + jaundiced. = $$ Eventually the rogue does more damage and i can start to DoT. This works well until about level 45, Mind you the rogue i was helping was well funded. Epic/Fungi/ETC, and i have PE so that helps out. This will work for any melee classes just adjust the damage output to his. Stay out of highly populated zones cause stealing XP from groups/Solo's is lame. Nurga/Droga is some GOOD XP and super empty. From 20-30 Hit up High keep in the early mornings its barren. At 30 hit nurga until 35-38. At 38 head on over to Droga and hit up the money camps !!! make some plat while you help your friend.
Last edited by Frogie305; 07-14-2014 at 09:10 PM..
Old 07-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
levels 1-20 druid, 20+ monk
1-40 cleric, 40-50 bard (if pb aoe) otherwise 40-60 chardok.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Kobold

If it's a melee class after level 20 it's just a matter of pulling steady blues/whites as fast as possible (non caster obviously). Back in the day on live (haven't done on P99) once mob was at 45% I'd have the puppy kill it while pulling the next mob and basically have it ready to and waiting once enough damage was done on first mob. Maxed all skills his way, constantly pulled etc. Heal buff when needed. You can pull with slow at lower levels (and will have to at higher levels) b/c mob will be pissed at you for first 20% dmg, after the next 35% you are root rooting, JBB, Dog, etc.

Enchanter is fun to plevel once they get mem blur. Just so 99% damage, Mem blur until sticks then nuke for 1% - it's been 13 years since I've tried this so it could've changed vs here. I'm sure an enchanter can speak more here.
Last edited by Huck; 07-14-2014 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: Because what I said sounded like Chinese until I fixed it!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Kobold

Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't a shaman charm an animal. Beat another animal down. Then break charm and let the PLee finish the mobs for full experience?
Old 07-14-2014, 10:10 PM
Kobold

The guys are in their 30s and low 40s so I was thinking root rot and zone to do multiples at once. I didn't know if there was some trick I didn't know about. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Banned

Youll have that guardians group in no time XD
Old 07-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Sarnak

I PL'd a rogue from 10-60 using the root/position tanking method. Didn't take long at all.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Wow, a Shaman pretty much sucks for PLing, sorry. Start a Druid, Monk or believe it or not a Mage to do that stuff. I pretty much gave up PLing any more on here, just too many people playing here as of late. Not much into throwing low level people under the bus in the better zones to PL in. Not fair to them to make me a buck.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:43 AM
Sarnak

Low-mid level melee class buff them and heal them as needed with a steady stream of mobs. If you have access to a fungi let them borrow it. fungi and chloroplast is going to help a lot at low level. Don't bother slowing not really worth it. Pet barely worth it here. Dots not worth it.

Mid-high level melee class buff them and slow mobs ie normal melee + shaman duo method. Dot mob if needed/have mana and/or send in pet as needed to do less than 50% of the damage. With a rogue unless really low level you're going to want to root tank. With other melee you can do it too - but even with Jaundiced BP you're still going to burn a bunch of plat if you want to use DS potions and at that point you might as well hire a different pleveler.

So see the problem here? With shaman PL the plevelee is going to have to do 51% of the damage and unless you use DS potions that's 51% of total mob health. Not 51% of non-DS damage. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Better to take that money and hire a druid!

Dot and zone is not really worth it in most cases either.

Casters you're hardly doing anything other than adding safety if they screw up. Can't really generalize what to do other than high HP mobs maybe slow them, heal pets, etc. With a shaman plevel casters are just going to be limited by their mana for damage like normal. And you can't speed it up (other than healing someone who is doing hp -> mana) Also you're not even going to be able to hold aggro on a bunch of stuff to let them AoE it down without burning all of your own mana.

Anyway shaman plevel works and is safe but it's far slower than other plevel.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, a Shaman pretty much sucks for PLing, sorry. Start a Druid, Monk or believe it or not a Mage
Do explain.
Closed Thread