Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 12:38 AM
Sarnak

offer 10k

we all know you didn't sell shit at 30k
Old 07-02-2018, 02:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
offer 10k

we all know you didn't sell shit at 30k
Poor people problems lol
Old 07-02-2018, 06:54 AM
Orc

doesnt matter how rich you are, why the fuck would you pay 30k when you can easily get one for 25k?
Old 07-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
doesnt matter how rich you are, why the fuck would you pay 30k when you can easily get one for 25k?
Poor people thought process. When you're rich, you can afford the extra 5k to save time... because a wealthy person's time is valuable.

Research a concept called 'Opportunity Cost', and it may click.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Opportunity Cost is about investments and evaluating returns between options.

You be talking oucha booty hole.

Rich people don't stay rich by overpaying for things.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor people thought process. When you're rich, you can afford the extra 5k to save time... because a wealthy person's time is valuable.

The rich didn't get rich by throwing money around. And once you form the habits it requires to become rich, you're not going to lose them overnight. That's why Warren Buffett still uses coupons at McDonalds.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rich didn't get rich by throwing money around. And once you form the habits it requires to become rich, you're not going to lose them overnight. That's why Warren Buffett still uses coupons at McDonalds.
And lives in the first house he bought.

Not all people remain minimalist when they attain wealth. After a while, you see that you can afford yourself some comforts without sacrificing your future. There exists a balance.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Also poor
Sorry you're poor
That awkward moment when you don't know who you're talking to... read a book.

The best money-making business model is not to spend six months hording a single item, then gouging it to an extra 15k per sale (if you're lucky enough to find someone desperate enough to buy at that price). I've found that the best business model involves return customers... people who are genuinely happy with their transactions, not people who feel they are being forced to overpay. My customers come back. Yours hate you lmao. I guess it doesn't matter when you keep remaking new merchant toons and hiding behind an unrelated forum username. I'm Octavian on the forums, Octavion in game, Oct is my main and only toon, and I've never used another in the time since starting. When you treat people well, run an honest business, and aren't a douche, you don't need to hide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, for anyone else sick of this behavior, /auction WTS Circlet of Shadow 10k ... this will change the wiki price back to normal, just make sure logs are on. Be sure to keep replying to these threads with reasonable offers (or the hilarious 300k offers too), and when someone auctions a CoS at an unreasonable price /tell them your offer of 10k. Don't let them off easy.

Sincerely,

A very poor individual. Please send money.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default @Octavion

@Octavion, How come you are always trying to buy CoS's then and never selling them, Practice what you preach bro.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivicide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Octavion, How come you are always trying to buy CoS's then and never selling them, Practice what you preach bro.
I was very clear in my post about why I was buying them and what I was doing with them. Bought a few between 10-13k, sold them at cost to people who proved they were playing high lvl SK/NEC's. I did not profit one plat from CoS sales. I am no longer buying pre-nerf CoS's because no one is selling them at reasonable prices. I know you didn't actually care about the answer though, you're just trying to accuse me of being a gouger myself... but show me one instance in which I've ever gouged a price on any item literally once ever, and I'll quit EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I've always sold my items for well under the wiki average and I always beat competitor prices. You'll never convince anyone that I'm a scammer, hoarder, or gouger, but nice try <3

You on the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivicide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(PN) CoS 35k
Quote:
OBO

No wonder you're trying to come after me lol ... since you posted OBO, my offer is 10k for your pre-nerf CoS. Lemme know!
Last edited by Octavian; 07-02-2018 at 03:17 PM..
Closed Thread