Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always sold my items for well under the wiki average
This is the business model I try to run with and it has served me well. When I have the opportunity to buy an item well below the EC average, I do it and I price it at the low end of the EC tunnel price. This allows me to sell the item quickly, and reinvest the pp I made into other items.

For example, a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to buy a Skyfury Scimitar for 3k. I put it up for auction and relisted it at 4k (well below the EC average). Another reseller bought it from me an hour later and immediately put it up for 5k. It took him two weeks to sell it after lowering the price to 4.8k. I made 1k off the investment in one hour. It took him two weeks to make 800pp.

In that two weeks I was able to reinvest my earnings and more than double my 1k profit. I wonder how long it will take the other reseller to double his 800pp.. maybe another two weeks?
Old 07-02-2018, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the business model I try to run with and it has served me well. When I have the opportunity to buy an item well below the EC average, I do it and I price it at the low end of the EC tunnel price. This allows me to sell the item quickly, and reinvest the pp I made into other items.

For example, a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to buy a Skyfury Scimitar for 3k. I put it up for auction and relisted it at 4k (well below the EC average). Another reseller bought it from me an hour later and immediately put it up for 5k. It took him two weeks to sell it after lowering the price to 4.8k. I made 1k off the investment in one hour. It took him two weeks to make 800pp.

In that two weeks I was able to reinvest my earnings and more than double my 1k profit. I wonder how long it will take the other reseller to double his 800pp.. maybe another two weeks?
Exactly... everyone wins. The person selling gets to sell quickly and leave tunnel, you get to make a good profit on resale, and the buyer of your item is thrilled at the cost below market and will remember your name. People remember gougers names too, but for other reasons lol... that's why they have to keep cycling toons. Idk why they can't see that an honest, friendly approach is better for their bottom line as well. Oh well /shrug
Old 07-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Some of us dont ever leave the tunnel.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor people thought process. When you're rich, you can afford the extra 5k to save time... because a wealthy person's time is valuable.

Research a concept called 'Opportunity Cost', and it may click.
Opportunity cost is the money you would be losing out on through the transaction. Hint "opportunity cost." What you said was completely wrong lol. Nice try though, stay in school kid.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Opportunity cost is the money you would be losing out on through the transaction. Hint "opportunity cost." What you said was completely wrong lol. Nice try though, stay in school kid.
The opportunity cost is what the wealthy person could do with their time by paying a higher price. Nice try? No. You failed and are dumb.

I really do suggest you Google the term next time.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Why do convenience stores sell items for more than they cost in a grocery store?
Old 07-02-2018, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The opportunity cost is what the wealthy person could do with their time by paying a higher price. Nice try? No. You failed and are dumb.

I really do suggest you Google the term next time.
The opportunity cost is the value of the best alternative. The alternative to buying from a reseller is sitting in the tunnel and auctioning. In other words, the opportunity cost refers to the fact that our circlet-crazed SK/Necro is probably willing to acquire it in multiple ways, but can only pick one as they only need one.

From glorious wikipedia:

Quote:
Say you have a free ticket to a concert by Band X. The ticket has no resale value. On the night of the concert your next-best alternative entertainment is a performance by Band Y for which the tickets cost $40. You like Band Y and would usually be willing to pay $50 for a ticket to see them. What is the opportunity cost of using your free ticket and seeing Band X instead of Band Y?
Quote:
The benefit you forgo (that is, the value to you) is $10: the $50 benefit of seeing Band Y less the ticket cost of $40.
Also, I 100% agree with Octavian. Not much point to having millions of platinum if you are hated by the whole server.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The opportunity cost is the value of the best alternative. The alternative to buying from a reseller is sitting in the tunnel and auctioning. In other words, the opportunity cost refers to the fact that our circlet-crazed SK/Necro is probably willing to acquire it in multiple ways, but can only pick one as they only need one.

From glorious wikipedia:

Also, I 100% agree with Octavian. Not much point to having millions of platinum if you are hated by the whole server.
The foregone benefit is time. You pay higher price and don't haggle/watch to see if someone undercuts.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

You're playing p99. "Opportunity cost" is already out the window
Old 07-03-2018, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're playing p99. "Opportunity cost" is already out the window
tRUth
Closed Thread