Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

There's cheap gear available that's great for use at low level but it all comes from very high level Kunark or Velious dungeons. For self-found gear as you progress stick to the old world. Look into getting Obsidian Shards from Sol A around level 25 and Yaks from Lower Guk at around level 45-50. At 46+ if you have a rogue buddy that's working on his epic quest you can help him kill Renux and get a Trochilic's Skean

For haste go to Frenzy around level 40 for a FBSS.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

OI stand by goblin skull crushers, shitty ratio sure, but 4 second stun that procs at 15 is op as fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrozch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thank you for this motivating post.

how would you go about this self-found? (not buying strong items from players for cheap).

so far at level 17 i've raised enough platinum to get blacksmithing high enough for a set of banded and i have two combine weapons.
level seventeen you want to get an iksar berserker club primary (kurns tower)and polished granite tomahawk secondary (high pass). Self found.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

Probably best for a new player to pick troll or iksar for the regen
Old 03-13-2018, 10:38 PM
Orc

If you aren't an Ogre warrior, you made a mistake. I know - "play what you like", but there's the recommended path - no question about it.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:05 PM
Kobold

I dunno, I personally am Troll and would probably advocate a Troll or Iksar because of regen and faahionquest.

With Troll, I recognize I'm not Uber ideal, but I feel I'm the best for group content without twinking - a troll has better base line melee stats then everything except ogre AND has regen, which I feel.makes.things a little easier for when your healer situation is less.than ideal.

How much are you using DPS and procs to gain aggro in raids anyways? Raid tanking is having best HP and AC and slamming Midnight Mallet.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you think 5 mallet hits and auto attack is all a raid warrior dos? Best get them to all use jaleans and claw then, if aggro is so irrelevant.

I'm just being honest here and saying I don't know - guessing it's continue to use high aggro proc weapons - like epic, Willsapper, Infestation, etc., More mindful use of disciplines, and watching ENRAGE and ramprage, probably positioning too.

With all that said, I've had a good experience with Troll and think that in group content, the troll warrior is quite effective
Old 03-13-2018, 11:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanderheide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
probably positioning too.
Pretty hard to position when you are "happy dancing" from being stunned.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Armor doesn’t mean much if you’re not getting hit. No haste is going to make holding threat very challenging.

As others have recommended I’d prioritize cheap banded, 5ac/55hp rings, a cheap weapon or 2 with reasonable ratio and then haste. Once you get in the haste game with at least 21% haste ... then worry about armor.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-14-2018, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanderheide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
probably petitioning too
FTFY

Ogre is an overrated choice for warrior IMO. Warriors can cap stamina without too much trouble at the Dragon/Giant level and the stun immunity is overrated (mobs only bash/kick every ~8s, not all attacks hit, not all hits stun, even when they do your melee is probably cooling down for at least some of the stun so you don't lose the full 2s, mallets/blinding orb are huge threat). And they look god-awful. Warrior race choice in Velious pretty much boils down to whatever model you like the most.

Also I would just go DPS weapons on a warrior until Infestation/Frostbringer/WESS/Sarnak Warhammer start to proc at 40-50. Reality is you probably aren't going to be tanking much 1-40 just because everything will die so fast.
Closed Thread