Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 06-18-2023, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

remedy, divine light and celestial elixir are all better than anything a shaman gets
Old 06-18-2023, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

I started a war, cler, ench trio not too long ago. No twinking as none of us have toons on green. We were xping in Sola a lot so I have fresh xping example. We were all lvl 24, static trio, war may have been 23 not sure. We held foreman, pred and singe no problem with about 20+ mobs in rotation on a 18 min timer. Singe is a 28 named. You cannot hold this camp at level 24 with any other trio and kill this many xp mobs on top. An untwinked monk will get destroyed by singe at lvl 24. A shaman as heals will be lucky to have 10 mobs in rotation and singe might not be doable. A necro instead of tank leaves nobody to train the xp.

This example is the same in almost all xp camps in dungeons including seb and hs. A lot of the time there are those level checking mobs/pats. You either need to come in with a real tank or you need to be a few levels higher. Being able to xp train blue mobs on the trio and keep yellow/red names in rotation is only something this trio can do and allows for insane xp/drops for any given level. When mobs start going green you have to move. Being able to kill yellows+ if needed opens up the best xp spots.
Old 06-18-2023, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman can simply slow the mob that broke if you need a quick way to significantly reduce Mob DPS, then you can rehaste the mob when you get control.
You can't just haste to cancel a slow; you have to either wait or dispel. So that's a niche tactic.

IMO the shaman's main advantages for a charm break:
* If there's nobody else holding aggro (duo or whatever), the shaman keeps the target off the enchanter by default (both shaman having slow aggro and shaman's pet possibly holding the mob). You can have a cleric pump aggro, but in my experience we only bother with that for some targets.
* If you have a malosini on a risky pet it could keep stun from being resisted, saving the enchanter. If you're using a conservative pet you basically won't get stun resists.

For the cleric:
* Better hp buffs (underrated in this thread so far imo)
* Rez
* Better stun or spot heal option
Old 06-18-2023, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't just haste to cancel a slow; you have to either wait or dispel. So that's a niche tactic.
Could use a lower level short duration slow in theory just to strip haste temporarily but you don’t really see that used in practice.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-18-2023, 02:07 PM
Orc

As was stated, it rather depends, as all things. Depends on what level ranges you are talking about, how far do you plan to go, do you plan to raid, do you have access to pocket res, corpse, buffs, etc. I don't have the math but shaman canni with torpor and fungi is absurd mana regen, combined with en epic with a dot thats fairly easy to get and a jbb. Basically, a monk doesn't need a CH, and the mana regen of the shaman will allow it to do so much more than the cleric(help slow, buffs, damage, malo) and the monk does more damage than the warrior. About the cleric stuns, I mean what good enchanter needs a cleric stun, when you have two stuns yourself and a rune. Is it nice, sure, but more damage is nicer. Same for cleric hp buffs. Nice, but not needed. The grind consists mostly of damage and regen. The hp buff only matters if you need to CH, because otherwise the shaman is more efficient because of canni. Otherwise, I basically agree, through the leveling process to 60 the sk, cle, enc, are going to have the smoothest ride if you are starting from scratch.
Old 06-18-2023, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't explain it very well. You slow the mob and then dispel after you get control, or use a 3 minute slow and wait. I used the rehaste as a shorthand for dispel, which was confusing. The reality is you rarely need to save a good enchanter with tons of heals, slows, extra stuns, w/e. Its a niche case to begin with, unless your Enchanter is just not very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But charm breaks are about frontloading assistance to the enc, not about slow burn efficiency.
You misunderstand. Slow cuts a mobs DPS by 70% instantly. If a mob was doing 100 DPS, now it is doing 30 DPS. An Enchanter with 2000 HP is dying in 20 seconds from 100 DP. At 30 DPS the same Enchanter would need more than a minute to die. It's a huge change. There is no need for Cleric heals on a mob doing 30 DPS at level 60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
remedy, divine light and celestial elixir are all better than anything a shaman gets
Torpor is better than CE, its more mana efficient and can heal for 1500 instead of 1200. Remedy isn't better enough from Chloroblast to matter. Divine Light is more life, but slow can make up for for that loss, and divine light has a longer cast time. CH is the main reason why Clerics are amazing from a healing perspective.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-18-2023 at 02:50 PM..
Old 06-18-2023, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started a war, cler, ench trio not too long ago. No twinking as none of us have toons on green. We were xping in Sola a lot so I have fresh xping example. We were all lvl 24, static trio, war may have been 23 not sure. We held foreman, pred and singe no problem with about 20+ mobs in rotation on a 18 min timer. Singe is a 28 named. You cannot hold this camp at level 24 with any other trio and kill this many xp mobs on top. An untwinked monk will get destroyed by singe at lvl 24. A shaman as heals will be lucky to have 10 mobs in rotation and singe might not be doable. A necro instead of tank leaves nobody to train the xp.

This example is the same in almost all xp camps in dungeons including seb and hs. A lot of the time there are those level checking mobs/pats. You either need to come in with a real tank or you need to be a few levels higher. Being able to xp train blue mobs on the trio and keep yellow/red names in rotation is only something this trio can do and allows for insane xp/drops for any given level. When mobs start going green you have to move. Being able to kill yellows+ if needed opens up the best xp spots.
If you really think you need a tank, an SK will serve infinitely better in this trio, as the benefits of snare and FD in dungeons easily outweigh the Warrior's moderately higher DPS. Or just bring a Necro and get the same snare and FD, plus patch heals, undead charms, mez on charm breaks, off-tank pet, higher DPS, corpse summon and a second rez. And then just let the Enchanter's charmed pet tank, since it will be outperforming a PC tank anyway.

Ench/Cleric/Necro can basically do anything they want with zero risk. CC, charms and heals out the wazoo, very good DPS, pulling tricks galore, four DAs, three gates, and two rezzers. Worst case scenario for any other trio involves a nasty CR at the bottom of a dungeon. Worst case scenario for this trio is summoning corpses, rezzing and trying again ten minutes later.
Old 06-18-2023, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

The issue is you are using level 24 characters as an example. Based on how you were talking before I kind of figured as much. I leveled a twinked Monk to 51 a few months ago, so I also have fresh experience. With Fungi and IFS, I was getting 1 level an hour from levels 30-40ish. It was more like 2 hours a level in the 40s. If my Monk can get 1 level an hour by himself with roughly 250 HP/Minute worth of mitigation from Fungi + mend + bind wound, an untwinked trio with an Enchanter pet can do the same. For reference, a Shaman casting 1 Greater Healing a minute is mitigating 270 HP/Minute, and can meditate the mana back within the same minute. When you look at the numbers you realize that you don't need the best possible heals in a lot of cases, especially at lower levels.

I think you just need to get some more levels before you make broad statements. The game changes quite a bit when you need to start fighting mobs that are level 40+. They get a huge boost to HP/AC/Damage, and it changes how you need to approach the game a bit. You can't just do the easy face tank solution that you can do in the lower levels.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-18-2023 at 04:24 PM..
Old 06-18-2023, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

That 2000hp enchanter would be over 3k with aego.
I'm at 3400 cleric only buffed, aego is a gamechanger
Old 06-18-2023, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That 2000hp enchanter would be over 3k with aego.
I'm at 3400 cleric only buffed, aego is a gamechanger
You don't need 3400 HP on a mob doing 30 DPS after being slowed, so it doesn't really matter. Nor do Enchanters need Aego when soloing. It's a nice to have, not a requirement. You aren't doing any new content with Aego. You can do more content with a Shaman though, because there is some content Enchanters can't solo.