Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Default Best bang for buck AC/HP survivability item?

Hello everyone,

I've recently been blessed with getting the shaman epic, and along with my JBB, basically means I don't have much use for mana (other than to root).

Most of my gear is oriented towards wisdom originally and I'm looking to replace most of my gear with HP/AC items.

I already have two 5AC/55HP rings, and some Jaudiced Bone Armor for the large AC bonuses.

As far as straight up defense, what is the best bang for your buck item for survivability? I'm thinking perhaps a Sarnak Battle Shield but am curious what other people's thoughts are. I'm currently using the Shield of Falsehood. It's a pricey item but man those stats are good!

Another option is perhaps some Black Sapphire Electrum Earrings. I'm currently using Forest Loops.

Finally, I think my worst slot, as far as survivability goes is my Platinum Ruby Veil. I'll be replacing that most likely with maybe the Tangrin mask until I can save up for an Enshrouded veil since it adds nothing right now.

Let me know what you guys think!
Old 03-16-2013, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

Fungi?
Old 03-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

It might be handy to find out what the AC cap is for shamans at your level. Fuck me if I know what it is, but if someone can provide that, you know what to aim for.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

The black sapphire ears/neck are great.

Dusty Rusted Vambraces are 30 hp, which a number of level 60 shamans still rock.

You can get a clay guardian shield for 1/5 the price of a SBS.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Banned

Its important that your shield at least has 25ac: clay guardian shield is a poor man's version of SBS and is quite good w/ 50hp. But shield ac is calculated differently than any other ac, and it basically adds on to the cap... consider it +defense or something like that.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:33 AM
Planar Protector

Level 60 and Torpor.

But barring that, definitely the rings. Next I guess would be the Dusty Rusted Vambraces, but really difficult to find for sale since they're so heavy (but you'll get a pair yourself if you solo HS ent at all). Next would be a Hooded Black Cloak and then Black Sapphire jewelry. The best thing you could do, especially if you're lower level, is buy a fungi, but that will probably be out of your price range. Clay Guardian Shield is a really good value item but hard to find for sale since it's so popular.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Orc

I've stacked my SHM for AC/HP as well. Thoughts-

Clay Guardian Shield is indeed a good value secondary item. 1-1.5k range

Goblin Parrying Spear for your range adds 4ac plus some wis I think- dirt cheap

I'm currently rocking Silver Plated Leggings for the AC over gatorscale or black chitin

Swapped my Plat Ruby Veil for Mask of Wurms- affordable alternative to enshrouded veil, cheaper than targishin mask too, adds HP & mana

HBC- these have gone up in price recently but you're definitely capable of camping it solo with epic. Just gotta know where to lev over the wall to get to the camp. Best back slot other than Hiero Cloak

If money's too tight for Fungi you can always go with Iksar BP for the regen. Still pricey but before Torpor at 60 you can never have too much regen