Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Default Thinking of making a wizard

So, I'm thinking about making a wizard within the next couple of weeks and I was wondering what all I should know about them before I make one.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

Have a fun game running in the background
Old 03-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Orc

Don't overlook Stam/strength in creating them. Int is easier to come by than you think. And you'll be quickly gimped on carrying stuff/encumbered if you don't have an eye to str. be patient. and group as frequently as you can early on. Unless you don't mind AFKing after every fight for 7-10 min while medding up. However, there are some VERY powerful Duo's you can manage if you play it right. Feel free to PM me on it if you'd like more.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

i would put +15 in STA and +5 in STR.

i'd say save up and buy jboots as your first item for when you quad kite.

do the staff of the wheel quest when you can (its pretty ez)

if you can at a early level, get some help to get the staff of temp flux

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 03-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i would put +15 in STA and +5 in STR.

i'd say save up and buy jboots as your first item for when you quad kite.

do the staff of the wheel quest when you can (its pretty ez)

if you can at a early level, get some help to get the staff of temp flux
STA will give you a really crappy amount of health and I view that as a waste of stat usage.

INT is the way to go and remaining points in STR.

Yeah you max int earlier, but then you're ready to start building +mana gear from there.

JBoots are a must as well as flux staff before you consider quadding. In the early levels of my end-game wizard I nuked guys down one by one and medding until I was ready.

Yes - be ready for being AFK - solo is the way to go but it helps if you have other things to do in between killing things.

Low level wizards, not going to lie, are a pain in the ass. However, once you are able to start porting your outlook will completely change.

I wouldn't want any other toon as a raiding main - wizards get your raid where they need to go and fast (oh yeah and leet deeps)!

Edit: If you have any further questions feel free to PM me.
Last edited by Snackies; 03-14-2013 at 11:56 AM..
Old 03-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Boost your int as much as you can, the earlier you hit the cap, the more +mana items you can carry. I'd go 15 INT 5 STR
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 03-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

In kunark I think int is the way to go; if you hit the cap on int you can start swapping for +mana items. In velious the stats on some of those items are so insane that you can probably hit 255 int without trying.

Basically Snackies is dead on: expect to grind it out solo till the 30s; hopefully at that point you can get jboots and the flux staff, at which point you'll be grinding it out solo till 55-56 or so, just faster. The last 5 levels will be quick at Chardok though. And if you get that far Wizards are a great raid class.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 03-15-2013, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boost your int as much as you can, the earlier you hit the cap, the more +mana items you can carry. I'd go 15 INT 5 STR
They get 30 not 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Good advice in this thread. Let me just say, though, make sure you know what you're getting into. The wizard is one of the poorest classes in the game. They're slow soloers (very slow before quadding and still slower than a bunch of classes once you are quadding) and are one of the least useful classes in groups (unless you do AE groups). They're also very monotonous to play. Their strengths are versus raid bosses (though this is more true in Kunark than in Velious) and in AE groups - that's about it.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Skeleton

Here is the thing about Wizards.

Since I been playing you will find the Wizard community is super helfull in helping other wizards out in whatever they need so that a plus 1.

You will find soloing kinda hard and boring until you hit 29. some quick tips for soloing before 29. Bind in EC get a clarity or c2 and then run to a destination in the local zones and solo. When clarity runs out gate back ec med in tunnel and while your waiting start looking for an enc and always tip them! When you get to port always give Ench a free ride!

I find in groups people love me but its probably because my wizard is a twink so I have allot more mana than most casters. I believe a non afk Wizard can put up some nice damage as a dps. Great thing about EQ is you can have 6 people to a group so I dont think people really look past Wizards to join. I really feel thats a bunch of bs

Hot spots for group- EC/Faydark orc hill/Crushbone/Oasis/Upper Guk/unrest/Mistmoore/Highkeep at peak hours. Those are solid places to look until you hit 29 and then you can start to do your own thing soloing.

Wizards have a bad rep for groups so I would suggest to make as much friends as possible and they will always do right by you and try to get you in. I have had no problems finding groups and when I put my LFG up I get about 2-3 tells an hour which I guess is not bad for a Wizard. If you are a player who has an ego and likes to be well known, I would suggest playing a cleric/Ench/Tank class since you will get a group almost right away. I hope this helps and feel free to send me a tell in game if you need anything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Xiki

Ps

Make sure you do research When you can or you will be screwed like me lol
Last edited by Xiki101; 03-15-2013 at 09:50 AM..
Closed Thread