Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

The seductive pull of contemporary liberalism is the concept of the faultless individual and the associated practice of reciprocative discounting of shame. It is a philosophy in which poor results for an individual are necessarily the result of good results for another. Unfortunately most people intuitively understand the absurdity of such an argument and that is the reason for reservation of expressed judgement. The unspoken proposition is something like this:

"I won't say you are bad if you won't say I am bad."

Rejecting this proposition instigates a campaign to compel the dissenter to embrace the principle of which the proponent is ashamed.

An interesting difference between contemporary liberal-progressives and contemporary conservatives

Conservatives: Generally seek to prevent others from doing things that Conservatives find wrong.

Progressives: Generally seek to compel others to do things that those others find wrong.

Neither approach embraces the principle of liberty.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agnosticism is the only true way, as admitting that you don't know because of lack of data is far more realistic than the meme scientists preaching that they know for a fact that there isnt a god, or bible thumpers like yourself swearing up and down that you know there is.
FP my respect grows for you daily. Praise be unto the reasoned man.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Liberals are the ones more likely to force a certain ideology to be taught in schools. Look at the state of american universities for instance. Personal freedoms like the right to practice a religion should be done on personal time. Schools are government run, so there should be a separation of religion there. I'm not suggesting atheism be taught in schools, as atheism is a religion in it's own right. Agnosticism is the only true way, as admitting that you don't know because of lack of data is far more realistic than the meme scientists preaching that they know for a fact that there isnt a god, or bible thumpers like yourself swearing up and down that you know there is.
History thumper would be more accurate to what I have injected into this thread. Can't tell the difference?

Again, my examples have not been state mandated, but student lead. Your view would bring students into the realm of state property. That is a horrible slaughter of the intentional meaning of separation of church and state. This was formed to protect citizens from state instigated religions etc. not to protect citizens from other citizens.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
History thumper would be more accurate to what I have injected into this thread. Can't tell the difference?

Again, my examples have not been state mandated, but student lead. Your view would bring students into the realm of state property. That is a horrible slaughter of the intentional meaning of separation of church and state. This was formed to protect citizens from state instigated religions etc. not to protect citizens from other citizens.
You've lost this argument like 4 posts ago and just treadmilling now.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was formed to protect citizens from state instigated religions etc. not to protect citizens from other citizens.
Agreed. I think that is an important distinction most fail to grasp.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've lost this argument like 4 posts ago and just treadmilling now.
Because you know how alike his views are actually to your liberal view. This only reinforces what I have been saying, thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

You guys haven't heard about Hillary's Fun Camps for adults?
Sounds like fun to me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone gonna thank me for starting thread??
Old 02-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys haven't heard about Hillary's Fun Camps for adults?
Sounds like fun to me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I've heard this. lol at the "fun deficit". She didn't really define what fun is though, to have at these "fun camps" other than "more open dialog opportunity". I wonder if these fun camps in mind will have bobbed wire.. because bobbed wire could be fun under certain circumstances... to someone anyway.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Banned

schools are religious free zones... that's all that maters. thats not liberal thats not conservative.. it just make obvious bipartisan sense.

They are also no smoking zones. Dam gubmerment... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread