Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

Default Citizens of Froststone Faction not increasing

Description: .
Killing opposing mobs does not give you any 'Citizens of Froststone' faction increases.

Relevant NPCs:
Any Ry'Gorr Orc in Crystal Caverns zone.

Steps to reproduce bug:
Kill a Ry'Gorr Orc in Crystal Caverns

Expected behavior:
Your Faction with Citizens of Froststone has increased --- not working
Your Faction with RyGorr Clan Snow Orcs has Decreased --- working

Evidence/Research:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/f...ml?faction=214
Old 08-30-2018, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

This is (sadly) working properly. The Citizens of Froststone faction was not raised by killing mobs until the Luclin era. The link you have to Allakhazam references that period, but if you go back and look at Allakhazam comments and old EQ sites (eg. using the Wayback Machine) you'll see that during the Velious era the only way to raise Froststone faction was to repeat the part of that one quest (the book turn-in in the Spirit of Garzicor quest IIRC).

Personally I do hope that someday when the devs implement custom content on Blue they will fix this, as otherwise the entire city is only relevant to a very small percentage of players ... but that's just a personal dream.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:43 AM
Sarnak

Well that is a shame. Seems to me that it's an obvious bug, that just didn't happen to get fixed by Verant until Luclin.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that is a shame. Seems to me that it's an obvious bug, that just didn't happen to get fixed by Verant until Luclin.
/nod That's what Project 1999 is all about though: Everquest the way it was before Luclin (worts and all).

But again, there is a (small) hope that someday (years from now) the devs will fix this on Blue (only) as part of their custom content.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread