Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 01:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default OMG in game mini map!

In game map would be awsome.
It has been 20 years after all, god knows where anything is? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please and thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-31-2018, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap

Maybe the closest thing you can get. It has the wiki maps and will put a beacon of your location any time you hit /loc
Old 12-31-2018, 05:12 AM
Fire Giant

No
Old 12-31-2018, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

Default have to break these new guys in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No
/\

These maps in combination with learning the /loc system and working your characters sense heading skill up, bind it to a movement key.

Zone Cartography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadwulff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has been 20 years after all, god knows where anything is? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More immersion, less theme park roller coaster ride.

20 years of players collecting info, organizing it and placing neatly on a wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadwulff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In game map would be awsome.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mblake1981; 12-31-2018 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: link
Old 12-31-2018, 10:24 AM
Decaying Skeleton

No way I love that there is no map. you have to explore and pay attention and it also makes the world feel huge. Don't make the game easier.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:59 PM
Kobold

Imagine having to actually know where you were by identifying landmarks inside a game world.

Theme parks have maps, colorful ones, adventures don't.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

I remember on live, I was like lvl 4, human, had just gotten to BB docks, in an attempt to find Gfay and play with my friends. Saw an epic ranger standing at the dock with "guide" at the start of their name. Without a second thought, I sent a tell asking them to guide me to Gfay so i could meet up with my friend. As i didnt know the way, as there was no map. He promptly invited me to his group, cast sow on me, and explained how to auto follow. He then lead me straight to kelethin. Was one of the most memorable experiences I've had on live. Of course, later I learned that the "guide" aspect of his name was not meant quite so literally. And I know it seems dumb, but it made me realize how truly awesome an mmorpg could be. With a true sense of community and need to explore.

You dont need a map, you need to run around.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Don't ever add a map. I know where nothing is, and I'm refusing to use google.

It's been so long, the only places I remember is FP,EC, and WC... but I'm a gnome.... I was playing last night and my party member said he found us a port to WC! So I blindly followed him until we were in FP.

If I'm going to use maps, they are going to be the handdrawn/scanned in ones that I used 20 years ago.

Like these... https://wiki.project1999.com/East_Commonlands
Old 01-21-2019, 03:39 PM
Aviak

I remember the first time someone showed me how to get to Kaladim from crushbone. Following the zone wall in gfay, then the path through BB. There is definitely something to be said for creating your own mental map of a zone rather than an official map... makes the world seem so much bigger when you don't know where the edges of the world are.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theme parks have maps, colorful ones, adventures don't.
Sure they do. They're just cloth ones that came with your giant-ass EQ box you bought 20 years ago. (Fuck that plastic Velious map).
Closed Thread