Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

A small handful of people put project 1999 together in their free time and maintain it at no cost to us. If it wasn't for them we simply would not be able to enjoy a classic EQ experience.

The best way to let them know you appreciate their *years* of work is a donation.

I just donated.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:50 PM
Kobold

*Donated*
Old 01-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey team retard. I know that P99 has done outstanding work, but when you give any entity money when a product goes to shit, you might as well just subscribe to WoW to double down.
The login server went to shit. P99 Blue was still up. Nothing that this team works on was at fault. Probably best to know what you're talking about before namecalling.

Simply using this as a reminder that infrastructure fails, and donations may help lessen that risk.

I hope this helped you understand.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The login server went to shit. P99 Blue was still up. Nothing that this team works on was at fault. Probably best to know what you're talking about before namecalling.

Simply using this as a reminder that infrastructure fails, and donations may help lessen that risk.

I hope this helped you understand.

So, the login server went to shit, and it wasn't the teams fault, but if you donate it may possibly lessen the risk of it happening again?

If A is not related to B
Then funneling funds to A has no effect on B.

I hope you understand the utter fucking stupidity of your reasoning.

Look, I don't know if it has anything to do with the staff or some outside issue. Nor do I know if it coming back had to do with them making a call or flipping a switch. I don't really care. Being on every second of the day isn't my goal like the rest of the those on the forum as it appeared to be earlier. But, I do know that calling for a donation to a service when that service is down is absolutely asinine. Had you made your post a few days before, even a few hours before the servers were going down it would show good natured merit. Instead it's just going against the wave of tears to gain some forum karma, a petulant attempt to pin up and display your virtuosity.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

Got em

Also, seek help please. I can probably find a mental health charity to ask people to donate to for my next thread.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got em

Also, seek help please. I can probably find a mental health charity to ask people to donate to for my next thread.
The tell tale sign of a fool admitting defeat because a rebuttal is too large of a feat.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, the login server went to shit, and it wasn't the teams fault, but if you donate it may possibly lessen the risk of it happening again?

If A is not related to B
Then funneling funds to A has no effect on B.
Rebuttal to what? This?

Please quote where I said donating will fix the login server.

Just a reminder that donating may contribute to the well being of the server and may impact its ability to operate without interruption. Don't try to read too much into it. Sad how a call for charity devolved into RNF. But since we're already here: Please ask your mom to add some money to your account so you can help too.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
The tell tale sign of a fool admitting defeat because a rebuttal is too large of a feat.
bruuuhhh
Old 01-20-2019, 08:45 PM
Skeleton

Who goes this insane at the mention of donating? Just don't donate and stfu.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Rebuttal to what? This?

Please quote where I said donating will fix the login server.

Just a reminder that donating may contribute to the well being of the server and may impact its ability to operate without interruption. Don't try to read too much into it. Sad how a call for charity devolved into RNF. But since we're already here: Please ask your mom to add some money to your account so you can help too.
Project 1999 has been incredibly stable for a long time now without calls for donations, but even so people should donate. If it was legally viable for the staff I would encourage them to charge a monthly subscription for the service and outstanding work that has been provided. But that's not that point. You didn't initiate this post from altruism. Several times throughout you've eluded that donating might alleviate the situation. You don't get to toss out maybe's and could be's and then righteously request where have I said for certain it would happen!

The entire point is if you feel the need to donate that time shouldn't come at the moment when the server goes down. Throwing money at an unknown, even if your original intent was to remind people what they've gotten for free so far, is piss-poor managing of money. And there is certainly the ridiculous sentiment floating about that donating could prevent such a travesty from befalling one's Sunday again.

My first comment wasn't towards you, but to the people tossing cash around in hopes the server would come up, and that such is foolish. But then you went on and deviated from your initial post and blandished the might happens of login server status if only they had a few more pennies.

I don't think giving money to the staff will prevent such an error from occurring again. Maybe I'm wrong. But I'm certainly correct about the idea that one should not donate money to any entity without financial transparency when the service is temporarily down.
Closed Thread