Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Aviak

Default Problem with 6th Necro Skullcap Quest

Keeper Rott in West Cabilis gives out the 6th Necro Skullcap quest. He initially cons indifferent and refuses to give the quest and responds to "I am the chosen occultist" with

'When you have shown more devotion to the Brood of Kotiz, we can discuss such things.'

This is normal and expected if you haven't done the faction work. So, I spent 5 and a half levels in WW killing Bandits and maxed out both my Brood of Kotiz and Legion of Cabilis factions. He should now give me the quest, but he still cons indifferent and refuses.

Link to 6th Skullcap Quest

Edit: And yes, just for the record I've completed quest 1 through 5 and have my 5th Rank Occultist Skullcap. I'm not trying to skip ahead or anything like that.

Also, I guess this should have gone into the Kunark section under Quest Issues. Sorry about that.

Further Edit: I was told in game that Keeper Rott doesn't actually give you the quest, he just tells you that you need to gather the parts and return them to Master Kyvix. And that you don't actually need to do any faction work to do the turn in. Setting aside the amount of hours I might have wasted doing faction work, does anyone know if this is true? My recollection from doing the quest on live is that you can't complete the quest without the faction.

---------------------------------
I turned in 34 stacks of bone chips and found that raised my faction with the merchants, including Keeper Rott, up to amiable. He still won't give me the quest text though.
Last edited by Zakaton; 04-06-2011 at 04:22 AM.. Reason: more information
Old 04-06-2011, 01:49 AM
Developer

I did these quests on live and I do believe some of them required some mildly painful factioning.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Aviak

I turned in another 2 stacks of bone chips, 12 scorpion pincers and 7 sacks of scaled curskins. That got my faction with Keeper Rott up to Kindly and got the expected text reply:

'Oh, great occultist! I am glad you have arrived, but I do not have the artifacts Kyvix seeks. etc.

So I'm set, but Keeper Rott should be moved to his correct Brood Of Kotiz faction.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I turned in another 2 stacks of bone chips, 12 scorpion pincers and 7 sacks of scaled curskins. That got my faction with Keeper Rott up to Kindly and got the expected text reply:

'Oh, great occultist! I am glad you have arrived, but I do not have the artifacts Kyvix seeks. etc.

So I'm set, but Keeper Rott should be moved to his correct Brood Of Kotiz faction.
Erk. Well at least with them nerfing the Pincer and MM quest the items won't be so hotly camped now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard
I don't come into McDonalds and criticize your work.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

All of the npcs in cabilis are on the correct faction. Including Keeper Rott.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the npcs in cabilis are on the correct faction. Including Keeper Rott.
That surprises me. I'd assumed when he said "'When you have shown more devotion to the Brood of Kotiz, we can discuss such things." that it meant I needed to improve my Brood of Kotiz faction rather than Cabilis Citizens or whatever faction he's actually on.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Developer

He's on the right main faction, like Uth said. The issue was that the faction checks he was making was against that main faction, instead of BroodOfKotiz. Should be fixed, pending update.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Aviak

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I was really confused, but that clears it up perfectly. I didn't realize NPCs could check against multiple factions, but it makes sense.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

So to do this quest which faction do you have to raise? Kinda bleh to have to faction up to do a newbieish quest in your own starting town.
I'm really trying to get Keeper Rott to give me the quest for Intensify Death. I've had the scrolls in my pack for the past 5 levels or so but he still won't talk to me.
Last edited by maestrom; 04-26-2011 at 02:03 PM..
Old 05-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

some problems that happen later in the quest:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35217
Closed Thread