Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 01:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Bard Song Cost on Green?

I just made a Half-Elf Bard on Green because a friend wants to play there instead of Blue. The exp penalty hurts for sure...

But, I went to buy my level 2 spell and was shocked I couldn't afford it because it is 2g. Farmed a bit more to get the cash for it, then I started looking at other songs. Selo's is a plat, the healing song is like 3... I don't remember costs being so high at all! Am I doing something wrong? How am I supposed to afford even the basics on a brand new character?
Old 10-07-2020, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

You’re not doing anything wrong. Classic EQ is brutal and everything gained is earned. You should be able to farm enough plat each lvl to afford your next song.

Be very judicious with what you need vs what you want. Depending on where you started there should be different items to specifically look for to sell for plat. Bone chips, orc belts, definitely kill humanoids and sell armor drops (or wear if they’re upgrades).

Remember level is the most important stat in Everquest so don’t get too hung up if you can afford a song or two or are missing pieces of armor.

It will all come with time and and feel even better once you get there.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Dang. I guess I didn't play as much on vanilla as I thought. Even though I remembered stuff like medding with a book in my face and clicking the button, I had no idea that spells/songs were this expensive!

I know I don't need everything, but I figured the DoT, Selo's, and Hymn would help me level faster.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Experie...ence_Modifiers

Bard has hybrid exp penalty on green till velious. Which makes it level slowly, unless you swarm 25 mobs. The 2nd DoT song you get is when you can start trying to swarm. basic instruments and swapping practice helps.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players...pecific_Guides
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-23-2020 at 08:00 PM..
Old 10-24-2020, 05:17 PM
Kobold

Is there a place to find which bard spells you can avoid buying, been trying to find it like the ones for wizard and such but not able. Someone link if so. Also selos is 4p or 4g?
Old 10-25-2020, 05:54 PM
Banned

https://wiki.project1999.com/Broken_Lute

This quest will take 15 minutes and get you Hymn
Old 10-27-2020, 05:07 AM
Planar Protector

When starting completely fresh, aim for undeads (skeletons) and humanoids (gnolls, orcs, goblins etc.) as they drop cloth armor and rusty weapons. Both of those vendor for gold and will help you build initial funds quickly. When I started fresh with my ranger on green launch, I left Qeynos at level 7 or something with a full suit of vendor leather armor and 2 "Longswords" from the vendor and 6 backpacks. All in, probably cost me 25 plat? Most of which came from cloth armor and rusty weapons as I leveled.

Doing that will not only get you your songs, but starter gear and weapons.