Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by saftbudet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it something wrong with me?
This raid ban hardly upset me, in fact I am more happy for TSS Aegis and Kittens.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love how people say that there was no toxicity before Freedom. Riot had no competition aside from AG when they felt like competing. AG was not a guild that competed week in and week out. They are a different kind of successful guild. They competed when they wanted and if they wanted to take it easy for a while, they did.

There will never be toxicity when there is no competition. The toxicity started when Riot started losing mobs and were upset that 2 of their favorite people left and "betrayed" them. They had an overwhelming disdain for Freedom from day 1. This is what causes toxicity, not killing everything uncontested for 9 months. Blame me all you want but it takes two to tango.
Now, ya see, Detoxx, this is what happens when you interrupt an angry monkey beating off. . .

However, just because no one is saying anything doesnt mean that what was going on for 9 months wasnt toxic. Riot had too much control. There shouldn't be the type of control there was on this server going on. Picking and choosing who gets to raid and who is banished from raiding is the very definition of toxic. That type of control kills a servers population.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I cant stop playing! Got my Pumpkin Smasher

I got that shit day one. Dam and Super store took some effort thought. How bout you?
Old 10-23-2020, 07:47 PM
Large Rat

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJac8HBQ/

Detoxx and Furoar on this issue.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:03 PM
Aviak

Wow, what a sh!t show! I leave for a few weeks to relax at the beach and this is what I come back to?

The way to actually fix the raid scene is an easy concept, though I doubt server admins would want to put in the work to do it.

1. Use the "Guild Hall" mechanic to "Instance" ToV, VP, etc based on guild tag you get thrown in to that instance.
But have the instances linked so when Dragon A pops in Guild A's instance it also Pops in Guild B's instance, also when Dragon A dies in Guild A's instance it "Poofs" in Guild B's instance no matter if it is engaged or not.

2. Use the mechanic to restrict spells like no Levitation in said zone, to disable CoTH in ToV.

3. If you log out anywhere in ToV when you log back in you are back at the "Safe Spot" zone in to prevent camping forces at different engage spots.

4. Use the CT / Fear mechanic to "Repop" all "non raid" mobs in ToV when a Dragon spawns. Simultaneously send every character in the zone to the zone "Safe Spot".

5. Perma Root and allow Summon at 100% some of the mobs throughout ToV to prevent kiting / training.

This would force each guild to "Race" and clear from zone in to kill said Dragon, without training each other. Also forcing people to play the game as it was intended.. as a Dungeon Crawler.

You could also have a ToV that was non Instanced that allowed everyone into it, decided by which Spire you clicked on outside ToV.

This would prevent Leap Frogging, training, petitions and also allow guilds to do HoT whenever they wanted, but keep "competitive racing" alive.

Also if you behave like this.. perma ban
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdeY...ature=youtu.be

Boohoo you didn't get enough people to log in to kill the dragon, so you train the guild that did?
Old 10-24-2020, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now, ya see, Detoxx, this is what happens when you interrupt an angry monkey beating off. . .

However, just because no one is saying anything doesnt mean that what was going on for 9 months wasnt toxic. Riot had too much control. There shouldn't be the type of control there was on this server going on. Picking and choosing who gets to raid and who is banished from raiding is the very definition of toxic. That type of control kills a servers population.
Counterpoint: Launching 2 new servers kills mature servers' populations.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-25-2020, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

maybe each of these guilds need to change their leaderboard.

I am pretty sure that most of the people among those 3 guilds coming along very well to each other.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe each of these guilds need to change their leaderboard.

I am pretty sure that most of the people among those 3 guilds coming along very well to each other.
I would normally agree with you, but I have a lot of friends in riot and some I've played with for 8+ years, others even longer but since retired.

Riot as a whole has this weird echo chamber to it, where it tells its members everything they do is above board, and everything else outside is evil/malicious etc. Reality is everyone is as dirty as each other (or as clean as each other). It's weird to have conversations daily now with people I know to be normal rational folks sucking the kool aid teet. For the most part in freedom it's been a lot less melodramatic and not seeded with misinformation.

The UN has gone amazingly quiet now it is public viewing. It's pretty funny to read through months and months of UN to see more often than not Detoxx (for all his past) is the reasonable one. Sadly not enough input from people who aren't emotional or irrational though.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:43 AM
Banned

Still going this hard on the beta server
Old 10-25-2020, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

hahaha detoxx is reasonable, thats a good one.