Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the current Scout setup?
Keep it as-is, because a random amongst 40 people in perpetuity is fun. 166 77.93%
This compromise sounds like an acceptable melding of opinions. 13 6.10%
The current setup sucks, but I want something different outlined below. 34 15.96%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Yeah lets make it an all spam, model squeeze, shit fest again! I loved losing to Shiftyfiver every day! Sometimes twice a day. It was the best. Speaking of, is that you, Shifty?

I'm fine with losing a roll and then helping out, but the clickfest was a lose/lose situation unless you were one of a few cheaters that won every time. No thanks.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who lost the ring 8 roll 61 times total (which is a much higher Barrier to entry) before finally getting it on a quake, I feel like a roll is the most fair way to do it and agree with gat. As soon as you let buyers loot the piece you will have people literally show up every day lotto style for their chance at an easy 20-30k

Fun side note: One time me and a guildie actually tied for the winning roll and rather than a re roll we dueled for it in front of the crowd which was a fun experience (even though I was brutally slain lol)
This made me smile. People still enjoying EQ =)
Old 09-09-2018, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

Scout roll is literally a pixel welfare line.

Solution? Stop killing the mob for everyone who wins.

40 people show up and 1 wins the roll? Cool, hope they have a friend or two, because everyone that didn't win should go on their way.

Until you abolish the system of handing out free loot (a la everyone helping kill the encounter), people will show up en masse to collect the handout.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 09-09-2018, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

Random 1k for winner; winner should be able to do what they want with their disc and should have to provide their own kill force
Old 09-09-2018, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Random 1k for winner; winner should be able to do what they want with their disc and should have to provide their own kill force
This right here needs to be an option in the poll so i can change my vote.
Gotta bring my own kill force to ring roll.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

I haven't done scout roll for a couple of years. I heard about the rolling thing but everyone stays behind to help with the encounter? During clickfest if you got it, I think the way it was done was you had to bring your own force for the captain.

I can see why people would be upset if that is how it is done now.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:34 PM
Banned

the premise of these replies seems to be: dedication is necessary to deserve pixels

I submit to you a question: why? this is a video game
Old 09-09-2018, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Petition to rename clickfest to autofirefest, macrofest, third party program fest, etc...
Old 09-09-2018, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

One time I played a video game where I stood in line for 3 months to get +20 health to wrist.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:24 PM
Aviak

Clickfest will just skew the results towards a few (mostlikely rmt’er using autofire)

Being able to sell/give loot rights away will just increase the number of people rolling/clicking.

Even though the current situation isnt perfect its a whole lot more fair towards the majority of players than the alternatives.
Closed Thread