Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Noob question on weight reducing bags

All,

I'm a returning player from the 99-2000 era. Had a level 52 back then but never had the cash to spring on some of these 70%+ weight reducing bags. I've been doing my research and some of the nicer ones such as Bag of Sewn Evil-Eye are LORE, so your character can only hold one.

What caught my eye is the vendor-sold Bag of the Tinkerers: https://wiki.project1999.com/Bag_of_the_Tinkerers

Is that bag not a LORE item? If so, since it is 10 slot and GIANT size wouldn't that ideally be the goal of most every player to fill up on those bags? I've seen Kavruu's Mystic Pouch going for 10k (https://wiki.project1999.com/Kavruul%60s_Mystic_Pouch) - so is the price difference from 5k to 10k just due to the fact that it has a weight of .4 and the Tinkerer bag has a weight of 1?

Someone enlighten me so I know what cool bags to save up for. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2018, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Tink bags are pretty much the go to bag if you can afford it. The difference between the Tinkerer bag and some of the more rare bags dropped by dragons is pretty minimal. Some people (me included) just like collecting someo the other bags though but that's more for cool factor imo. I would say that you probably don't need 8 bags capable of holding Giant size items but I'm sure there's some situations people can point out that would be handy.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyqo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so is the price difference from 5k to 10k just due to the fact that it has a weight of .4 and the Tinkerer bag has a weight of 1?
Yeah, pretty much. But probably more so that it's just a rare raid drop.

I'd imagine some loaded min-max monk would be willing to pay an extra 5k for 0.6 less weight.

I wouldn't, but some might.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Tink bags are definitely the way to go. I have one dragon bag, but I only got it from a raid and I certainly wouldn't have paid for one.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

My monk was loaded up on tink bags, except for two slots to swap clickies through. I now have two dragon bags to replace two of the tink bags. They are great, it's not the weight difference. It's the fact that they look different, and unique. Makes it very easy to make sure I loot the bag with my clickies first, to get right back in the fight. Or that I open the right bag, when I need my reaper, or wort pots, or whatever.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:22 PM
Large Rat

no longer decaying
Old 08-29-2018, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

Tinkerer's Bags aren't lore, just expensive. 6 tinkerers is 6lbs, 6 dragon bags is 2.4lbs. 3.6lbs can make a big difference in swapping in a different weapon or armor piece.

Monk's weight limits are as follows:
Level Range Weight Limit
Level 1–14 14.9
Level 15–29 15.9
Level 30–44 16.9
Level 45–50 17.9
Level 51–54 18.9
Level 55–59 20.9
Level 60 24.9

Pretty tough to stay under unless you have some weight reduction bags or don't loot.

I'd recommend getting a large soiled bag (1.0 wt, 100% WR, small items), some tinkerer's bags when you can afford, some open slots for clickies (most monks keep 1-2 open) and the rest either Shralok packs (0.4 wt, 25% WR, Giant items) or Lionhide Backpacks (0.4 wt, 35% WR, Large items).

For your bank, I try to fill them with seven 10 slot research boxes (like Lexicon, Tome of Endless Enchantment, Elemental Grimoire or Book of Dark Bindings) since they're only 10pp each vs 60pp ea for handmade backpacks. They only hold up to large items so you'll want one slot that holds giant items. A large sewing kit is only 1pp and holds giant items or a Coldain sewing kit (forget the real name) is like 10pp.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For your bank, I try to fill them with seven 10 slot research boxes (like Lexicon, Tome of Endless Enchantment, Elemental Grimoire or Book of Dark Bindings) since they're only 10pp each vs 60pp ea for handmade backpacks. They only hold up to large items so you'll want one slot that holds giant items. A large sewing kit is only 1pp and holds giant items or a Coldain sewing kit (forget the real name) is like 10pp.
Deluxe Toolboxes are great (10 slot 0% wr giant size) for the bank but they come from the gnome island in Iceclad which is a bit out of the way and involves clearing out your inventory of bags or making multiple trips to and from the bank.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 09-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Aviak

there is 2 minor WR bags that drop "always" in guk, you can pick them both up in 1 trip solo by lvl 50 or earlier with a group. The good ones are very expensive and priced according to power like every other item. If your a monk you need them or cant loot anything. Also I would vote in for the Deluxe Toolbox for your bank slots or for all the slots if you have high strength (ogre / raid gear).
Old 09-04-2018, 05:00 PM
Orc

Imagine what those dragon bags would cost if you couldnt just buy a tink bag in sol A!
Closed Thread