Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

Default GFG worth it for sham?

Currently rocking the PWC and trying to figure out if it's worth spending the money on a GFG. Right now I'm level 25, so I think my damage cap is only 40.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:21 AM
Aviak

I would keep saving for regen BP. I am 32 right now with PWC and I find I face tank a lot less than I used to, but with Canni I wish I had better regen.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yttrium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would keep saving for regen BP. I am 32 right now with PWC and I find I face tank a lot less than I used to, but with Canni I wish I had better regen.
I do have a regen BP currently. I'm not sure when I would stop being able to face tank which is why I'm kinda unsure about the GFG.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yttrium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You talking about Fungi tunic or Iksar BP? Or Fungi staff?
Old 09-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You talking about Fungi tunic or Iksar BP? Or Fungi staff?
Fungi tunic.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi tunic.
Is the staff a cheap alternative for a Shaman or is the tunic the way to go?
Old 09-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

The ratio is almost identical (once you factor in damage caps) so dps really isn't effected by upgrading PWC -> GFG. The only real effect is the higher delay on GFG allows you to cast between swings more easily, which might add up slightly over a longer fight. But otherwise there really isn't any reason to upgrade from a PWC until it starts proc'ing (L50). If you've got the money though go ahead. You can just sell it off again once you need the cash (buy spells/epic or whatever).
Old 09-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the staff a cheap alternative for a Shaman or is the tunic the way to go?
I believe the staff is a casted buff. It also slows you down like torp, so not as easy as worn version. They do stack though so can get double!
Old 09-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Shaman don't melee. I mean, they do, but a smaller and smaller percentage of their damage comes from melee the higher level they get.

You're level 26 with an (almost) 50k fungi, but you're worrying about a 2k difference in items, which is a little unusual. Usually people either are new and don't have a fungi at that level, or they're twinks and their main got them the fungi, in which case getting 2k more for a GFG should be trivial for that main character to acquire.

But if you do have limited funds (maybe you're new but someone gave you the fungi?) I would strongly recommend saving them. Buy spells, food, and water, and nothing else. When you hit 45 and can buy a JBB right away you'll thank me, because it will make a significant difference in your DPS ... unlike the difference any melee weapon is going to make.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-10-2018 at 01:10 PM..
Old 09-11-2018, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman don't melee. I mean, they do, but a smaller and smaller percentage of their damage comes from melee the higher level they get.

You're level 26 with an (almost) 50k fungi, but you're worrying about a 2k difference in items, which is a little unusual. Usually people either are new and don't have a fungi at that level, or they're twinks and their main got them the fungi, in which case getting 2k more for a GFG should be trivial for that main character to acquire.

But if you do have limited funds (maybe you're new but someone gave you the fungi?) I would strongly recommend saving them. Buy spells, food, and water, and nothing else. When you hit 45 and can buy a JBB right away you'll thank me, because it will make a significant difference in your DPS ... unlike the difference any melee weapon is going to make.
Won the Fungi on my rogue but have very little liquid funds (like 900p). Thank you for the info jbb probably the way to go. Farming halflings so can start to save money for it!
Closed Thread