Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 10:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I must be missing something: why do it that way? You only get half the experience of charm fighting.

With charm fighting you send your charmed blue animal against another blue animal, wait until both are down to 20%-30%, and then get two kills of XP worth. With the guard you only get one.
Speed. Guard puts out a ton of DPS for the mob lvl.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I must be missing something: why do it that way? You only get half the experience of charm fighting.

With charm fighting you send your charmed blue animal against another blue animal, wait until both are down to 20%-30%, and then get two kills of XP worth. With the guard you only get one.
I tried it out. You're right, it is a bit slower, but the it works well for lower levels when it's tough to find two blue cons right near each other.

It's a great method for like levels 14-16.

But Oasis crocs are much more abundant and therefore faster.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Everyone knows Unrest has a huge zone modifier so tons of people go there so it's hard to find a group or even mobs so I skipped it on my druid. I went to Oasis and stayed until the deepwater crocs started to green out.

I then went to EK for awhile and charm kited there and also dragged some to Squire Wembly and that other guy. You can do the same thing in NK. Drag a griffawn/griffene/griffon or whatever to the guards (they're way higher than the EK ones) and when the mob is really low, just charm it. Once I got a feel for how much damage guards took, I was able to drag hill giants and griffons to them. It would usually take out both guards (tower or near SK zoneline) and then you could quickly take it down under 20% to where it would flee.

After that I did SK aviaks/centaurs until I could do the Tesch Mas gnolls. They drop lore scrolls #1-4 that give huge experience in Qeynos (a guy in a building around the corner from the bank). In the 20s, they gave about 11% of a level EACH or 44% for each four. In the 30s it was less but still a huge amount. So, best to bind at the turn in guy in qeynos and turn them in when you get 3 or 4 and then port back to NK.

*Super sneaky pro tip * - as I mentioned these scrolls are lore. So, you have a couple options. You can sell dupes (usually people offer 30-40pp ea), park another toon(s) there and have them loot, OR since you're a druid, what I did was charm the lion that pathed behind me near the gnoll spires. I would hand it my duplicates while it was charmed, then loot 2nd of each. I'd then log out (breaking charm) and keep doing so until I got 3 or 4 different and turn them in. I'd then come back, kill the lion and viola, your dupe scrolls are on him. Think of it like enchanters giving pets weapons/-MR gear. Same principal, as long as you handed the items to the mob while it was charmed, it will have them when you kill and loot them.

I even powerleveled some toons with the scrolls. I'd gate to Qeynos, bag drop the scrolls and have my enchanter turn them in. He went from 17 to 34 really quickly. The scrolls are still decent into the 40s.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Druid just isn't clicking for me.

Part of the reason is I'm only level 15.

Part of the reason is I'm trying to solo.

I hear people and guides saying "Oh man, once you hit 14, go to East Karana and charm kite everything!".

No.

Not possible.

Most of the nearby wolves are yellow and red at 14.

You have an occasional blue. So you charm him and search for something to kill.
NORMALLY, you don't want to charm yellows or reds. However, in East Karana, you can do a tactic that is using charm for a different purpose. Get attacked by one of those wolves that are yellow, and pull them to the squire at the bridge. He will beat the wolf or griffon or whatever down low enough that you will take a charm attempt. Stick to yellows so you know it CAN be charmed. You only need the wolf charmed for a moment. Once the charm hits, the squire will walk off, and when it breaks moments later, the wolf is in flee mode. Kill the wolf. Repeat. Use very little mana.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

hehe with the guard I did it with yellows and reds. Only time charming high is useful.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:26 AM
Banned

When I have the desire to play my druid, I head over to Karnor's and offer to pull for any of the big camps.

Probably gonna do that until 55 or so then do the bear pits.......with extreme caution. The thought of dying there makes me sick to my stomach but every druid in the world says its the best possible XP.

Goal for the druid is be able to succor guildies across SG. That's it. So I may just stay in KC until 57 and become a godlike / famous druid puller extraordinaire.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I have the desire to play my druid, I head over to Karnor's and offer to pull for any of the big camps.

Probably gonna do that until 55 or so then do the bear pits.......with extreme caution. The thought of dying there makes me sick to my stomach but every druid in the world says its the best possible XP.

Goal for the druid is be able to succor guildies across SG. That's it. So I may just stay in KC until 57 and become a godlike / famous druid puller extraordinaire.
I bet a cleric could rake in some dough if they parked at Permafrost.

Any Clerics out there willing to make a ton of cash?
Old 09-24-2018, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet a cleric could rake in some dough if they parked at Permafrost.

Any Clerics out there willing to make a ton of cash?
I bet there are at least 2 clerics parked there right now for this very reason.

I won't be going to bear pits early. Pulling in KC as a druid is fun for now. Gonna let the twinks (and AM / Tempest alts in ToV gear) carry me along until 55....I'm told the pits are much more manageable compared to 52.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

I was doing pits just fine at 51. Just got annoying because allure of the wild is a god awful charm but still did the job and then ez mode at 52. Epic definitely helps for pulls because it never gets resisted so with one snared much easier to lock down the other.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was doing pits just fine at 51. Just got annoying because allure of the wild is a god awful charm but still did the job and then ez mode at 52. Epic definitely helps for pulls because it never gets resisted so with one snared much easier to lock down the other.
Sooo...average player OK for pits at 53 then?
Closed Thread