Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

Default General Sham solo question for 50+

Greetings,

I'm getting close to having my epic and I was wondering what the usual solo strategy is as you get into the 50s. Do you just root and epic click? Root, epic click, and cast dots? Do you have to slow or does slowing only matter once stuff can summon? Up to this point I've just been rooting and nuking with jbb. Selling Jbb for last bit of money to get epic, so that won't be an option.

What strategy works best?
Old 10-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

First off, in your 50s you can start doing Sebilis, where you can do CE groups and get a JBB back "for free".

But as far as soloing goes, I did a mix of what you described. When doing Seafury Cyclops (pre-gem-nerf) I would only cast root, and just use the epic for DPS, but normally I combined the epic with disease/poison dots. I root if I can (and sometimes slow anyway for safety in case root breaks), and if I can't (eg. summon mobs) I slow/ tank with my pet as an extra "DoT".

It all just depends on what you are fighting: whether they summon, how hard they hit vs. how many HP they have, etc.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-04-2018 at 02:08 PM..
Old 10-04-2018, 02:34 PM
Banned

I made a Shaman alt once, then realized it takes a ton of cash to get him the items he needs.

So I leveled a Druid to 44 to port people for money.

Then I found out half of the people who pay only pay 5pp.

So I'm in Law School now, learning how to become an Attorney.

Gonna do med school during the nights.

I might have enough money for a Fungi in ten years.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a Shaman alt once, then realized it takes a ton of cash to get him the items he needs.

So I leveled a Druid to 44 to port people for money.

Then I found out half of the people who pay only pay 5pp.

So I'm in Law School now, learning how to become an Attorney.

Gonna do med school during the nights.

I might have enough money for a Fungi in ten years.
... or you could just play any character up to 60, do a few King groups in Seb, and get your own.

I suggest this mainly because the prospect of you becoming either a lawyer or a doctor (even in jest) frightens me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, in your 50s you can start doing Sebilis, where you can do CE groups and get a JBB back "for free".

But as far as soloing goes, I did a mix of what you described. When doing Seafury Cyclops (pre-gem-nerf) I would only cast root, and just use the epic for DPS, but normally I combined the epic with disease/poison dots. I root if I can (and sometimes slow anyway for safety in case root breaks), and if I can't (eg. summon mobs) I slow/ tank with my pet as an extra "DoT".

It all just depends on what you are fighting: whether they summon, how hard they hit vs. how many HP they have, etc.
What level can you get CE groups? I thought that was mid 50s.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

If you group a shaman doesn't need tons of shit really. Still a duo monster without twinkage
Old 10-04-2018, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level can you get CE groups? I thought that was mid 50s.
Honestly it's been awhile since I did CE in my 50s, but mid-50s sounds about right. You might be able to do it in the low 50s, but I'm not sure; you might have trouble landing slow.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

If you're a solo Shaman in the 50's with the epic, you'll want to find camps of relatively lower blue- /con critters and pull multiples at a time. You root, use the epic damage spell on them, and allow them to whittle down. The key is to keep pulling multiples at a time because while the epic doesn't do much damage, it does a fair bit (overall) if you have it running on 3-5 things at a time. You can throw in other spells as mana permits, usually to speed up the occasional single or double pull. Karnor's castle is a really common place for Shamans to do this sort of thing, but other options exist.

Danth
Closed Thread