Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you look at it from the perspective of people playing p99 vs people in the world it's a very low percentage of insignificant people wasting their lives on a 20 year old elf sim
Probably an even smaller percentage of people were doing soldering on the wiring of a 1960's-era Lionel S-gauge toy locomotive, but that was one of my projects over this past weekend. Most any hobby seems like a waste of time to people who don't share the interest.

Danth
Old 10-17-2018, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroKill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am just running out the clock. It's all meaningless in the end and no one will remember anything you have done. People that spend their entire lives trying to find purpose and meaning die alone and forgotten like everyone else.
^woke. does it really matter who you vote for or your silly beliefs or the color of your skin? When it really comes down to it nobody gives a fuck about you or yours, so we protect ours and try to make it in this world.

most of us are cogs in the wheel of time with no roads left but the one that leads to the end....
Old 10-17-2018, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably an even smaller percentage of people were doing soldering on the wiring of a 1960's-era Lionel S-gauge toy locomotive, but that was one of my projects over this past weekend. Most any hobby seems like a waste of time to people who don't share the interest.

Danth
Only problem is you can disengage from that pretty easily, vs 60 neckbeards giving you shit because you wanted to hang out with your wife and kid instead of spam the 1 key for a couple of hours straight (for years)

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I lie and convince myself that everyone lives a sad life in some respect:

Married with children? You're a slave to your family, with no freedom.

Good career? Wage cuck, who becomes old in the rat race.

Celebrity? Cursed by fame, can't leave the house.

Musician? People will always ask you to play that one song for the rest of your life.

Rich bachelor? Relationships are shallow and no one really loves you.
Move in with Girlfriend and now 2 dogs? See Married with Children..... 3 weeks, no play time.. It does get easier as the weeks go on though.. Mario Odyssey was completed, and my only gamer friends are now in the form of the 3 idiots im stuck with in the new mario party on normal... Steal a star from me 1 more time Drybones.. Try me...
Old 10-17-2018, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroKill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am just running out the clock. It's all meaningless in the end and no one will remember anything you have done. People that spend their entire lives trying to find purpose and meaning die alone and forgotten like everyone else.

Hope that makes you feel better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^woke. does it really matter who you vote for or your silly beliefs or the color of your skin? When it really comes down to it nobody gives a fuck about you or yours, so we protect ours and try to make it in this world.

most of us are cogs in the wheel of time with no roads left but the one that leads to the end....
Sleepy nihilists. What matters is what we do here, while we're here. Thinking in terms of your overall impact on posterity is the worst kind of self-indulgent masturbatory bullshit you could waste your time on. You're here. Now. Not in the future where you're not here. What you now do most certainly has massive consequences for yourself and the people you encounter. Make them positive consequences and be a force of good in the now instead of living out some self-fulfilling prophecy of existential doom.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sleepy nihilists. What matters is what we do here, while we're here. Thinking in terms of your overall impact on posterity is the worst kind of self-indulgent masturbatory bullshit you could waste your time on. You're here. Now. Not in the future where you're not here. What you now do most certainly has massive consequences for yourself and the people you encounter. Make them positive consequences and be a force of good in the now instead of living out some self-fulfilling prophecy of existential doom.
Leveling my Necro certainly helps starving children in Africa.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sleepy nihilists.
Didn't care to finish reading. Before you get your panties in an uproar remember its rnf. It's troublesome when you think you know what youre talking about.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveling my Necro certainly helps starving children in Africa.
Not sure why you'd worry about them when you've got starving children in your community.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Not sure why you'd worry about them when you've got starving children in your community.
If I worried about US children I would be racist.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Who cares about the community! You've got starving kids and jaded nerds in your own homes and somehow it matters who rules You? Repent, all will be enlightened!