Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurgort/Sseri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say it's 'baked in memory' because you recall what you did with those machines very easily.
i don't. Well, I do, but i don't remember whatever shittyass computer I was using. CPU that wasn't good enough, GFX card that wasn't good enough, shitty dialup modem, shitty ball mouse. I still dig CRT monitors though.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My first EQ PC was a https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compaq_Presario_5460

Which had a slowish frame rate but burned in my firzt permanent neriak and qeynos memories to my brain.
Gateway essential purchased in early 2000. Had the Geforce 256, SoundBlaster audio card paired with Boston Acoustics Digital BA735 2.1.

Everquest doesn't seem the same on a widescreen LCD..

2nd comp was from ABS, third was a shit E-Machines.. started putting my own computers together after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This, but a Pentium 200mmx, I threw a 12meg voodoo2 card in it to run EQ. It chugged on its 32 megs of ram but I upgraded it to 96MB and load times were tolerable.

Still only got like 10fps in unrest. That was a real dog of a zone.
That pic you attached has the aesthetic I like, but only because its been gone for so long. A computer was aimed at a business office and you added a couple things to play games better. No gaming computers or RGB lights.

I have been looking at 4:3 ratio LCD monitors lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilirubin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These pics of these older computers are glorious, keep posting them please.

Newer computer components/towers are such an eyesore, why does everything need to have bright neon lights and Xtreme in the name?
That is cool when its an exception only. The guys over at [H]ardforum were putting plexi glass windows to see inside and doing all kinds of stuff. Here is my first custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do people remember this shit? Sometimes I take a moment to recall my home phone when calling for delivery.
Lots of time spent.
Last edited by Mblake81; 09-06-2019 at 07:46 AM..
Old 09-06-2019, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still dig CRT monitors though.
That 4:3
Old 09-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Some things just look better on them - EQ included. It's much less washed out, despite the "brighter" Titanium client.

This same monitor was used on the Gateway I pictured earlier. I had to get it because my original monitor exploded (flames and everything out the back) when Win95 tried to put it to sleep the first time. We were just about to leave the house when I heard a loud pop (guessing capacitor exploding?) and saw the glow in the computer room. Luckily I never bother screwing VGA cables in so I was able to quickly grab it and throw it outside before anything else got ruined.

-Mcoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180122_191001856.jpg (95.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-06-2019, 01:06 PM
Banned

Most of the 4:3 LCD can't match the CRT for visual quality. Shame that technology could not be made smaller so your monitor doesn't weigh 40lbs.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some things just look better on them - EQ included. It's much less washed out, despite the "brighter" Titanium client.
the rich colors
Old 09-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

My first EQ computer was a Micron P2/200MMX. I had to buy a passthrough 3d video card to play. It had 64 megs of ram. My landlord/roomie worked for the local telephone company so we had the best dial up service available. Only after he got engaged (and kicked me out) did he upgrade to DSL......oh that hurt.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:58 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of the LCDs can't match the CRT for visual quality. Shame that technology could not be made smaller so your monitor doesn't weigh 40lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
September 16, 2019

have a good one guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mblake81; 09-16-2019 at 08:02 PM..
Closed Thread