Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 05:12 PM
Banned

Default I dont.. like Green.

For almost 10 fucking years we had p99. Get burned out? fine p99 will be here when you get back. Feel like casually playing a miriad of alts each with their own personality and no reason to let others know who you are personally and able to phase in and out of guilds? p99 lets ya do that. Wanna pick up with a new alt with lots of plat/gear months later and have fun again?

But 4 months ago City of Heroes came back and I took off. But that servers population slowly started to die and when WoW classic came back it was just fucking awful. few groups, fewer task forces and worst yet people started migrating between servers where my characters names were already taken.

So why not try out WoWClassic? First week was pretty neato, people grouping in quest areas that were choke points, groups actually looking for dps, blazing through deadmines, adventuring from ashenvale through a little hole in the hill i didnt know about before to the barrens to moseying along through wailing caverns, i can go on but lets skip to around the time more servers got released, and they offered free transfers. suddenly a small split population. chats slowed down, everything felt like shit.

This is going to happen with Green. Split population, I feel like shit just thinking about it.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

k.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Kobold

I feel a certain melancholy as well... Blue will never be the same, and I don't have much interest in starting over from scratch.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:27 PM
Banned

Thinking about all my stuff i worked for over the years to span 3 accounts is also kinda a downer.

Damnit.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Orc

A lot of the damage has already been done just with the announcement of green, classic WoW launch, and the latest patch.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

At the end of Green's timeline, I suspect they'll merge all the pop into Blue? Then restart Green?

And continue to work on Blue in custom content, including stuff like Veksar and Jaggedpine?

That'd make the most sense to keep Blue relevant and the population as a whole still somewhat together.

I hear what you're saying, but being a doomsayer is a little premature and goofy at this point. IMO.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Pure classic EQ sucks ass. Raiding non-instanced PoF/PoH and Sky is pretty miserable when there are 1,000 other players trying to do it also. I'm holding off on my judgements until they release more information but I suspect Green will try to follow the real-time timeline with patches and expansions so it should last like 3 years at a minimum.

I'm sure Blue won't die but I also suspect it will stop seeing as many newcomers which will take time for the effects to truly show.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-12-2019, 07:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pure classic EQ sucks ass. Raiding non-instanced PoF/PoH and Sky is pretty miserable when there are 1,000 other players trying to do it also. I'm holding off on my judgements until they release more information but I suspect Green will try to follow the real-time timeline with patches and expansions so it should last like 3 years at a minimum.

I'm sure Blue won't die but I also suspect it will stop seeing as many newcomers which will take time for the effects to truly show.
Agreed all around.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

Imagine a raid recovering from a wipe. 90% rezzes that cost 700 mana each. Oh my god. LOL!
Old 09-12-2019, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Would you like it in Fear or Air?

I would not like it in Fear or Air.
I would not like it anywhere.

Would you like it with a guise?
Would you like it with meat pies?

I do not like it with a guise.
I do not like it with meat pies.

You do not like it. So you /say.
Try it! Try it! And you may.
Try it and you may, I /say.