Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you feel the Green Server should revisit it's naming Policy?
Yes! It is supposed to be a fresh start! 93 54.07%
No thanks, i'll take the naming leftovers from Blue's 1,000,000 toons. 79 45.93%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Letters added to the end of their names might be better. Some of those inactive level 1's are probably storage alts and at least a few of 'em are likely to be back due to green re-invigorating some interest.

Danth
Agreed, but the devs can be smart too.

If the toon has no loot (or whatever the devs consider to be the equivalent of "no loot" ... maybe <5p in total droppable goods and no "no drop" items except from newbie zones?) they could delete it, but if it has stuff on it they could rename the toon instead.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Banned

elveS got 40 DayS b4 leveL 1 deleTES!
Old 09-15-2019, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks Llandris for your input! More GM or Dev input would be greatly appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2019, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

The big thing is that on p99 anyone can make 100s of accounts full of names for free on live you had to pay for each account full of names. Name purge is sorely needed!
Old 09-15-2019, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think they should save names for any lvl 60 on blue. Those lvl 60 names can be re-created on green from the same account.
Nah, better idea is to require two level 60s. That way my proposal will screw you, just like your proposal screws over people with level 59s.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The big thing is that on p99 anyone can make 100s of accounts full of names for free on live you had to pay for each account full of names. Name purge is sorely needed!
+1 this: it completely invalidates all "it's unclassic to purge" arguments (ignoring of course the arguments that purges are classic).

It's the same thing as 2-boxing: P99 can't be like live because we can't charge, so we have to have an unclassic policy (no 2-boxing, no millions of characters rotting on accounts) to make things feel classic here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

Great points Arvan & Loramin.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:55 PM
Banned

Not logging in for (x) aMount of TiMe seem REAL reaSonaBLe puRGE parAmaTer
Old 09-16-2019, 05:55 AM
Sarnak

Also if we are talking about whether it is classic to purge names or not I would add that the only thing less classic than a modified name purge would be allowing people to reserve a name at all on a new server.

For instance since I played on X server and I had a name I should be able to get that same name on Brell Serilis when it opens. (Brell launched a couple of months after the initial launch.) I rolled on Brell the day after it opened and there were no reserved names at all for people wanting to reroll from one of the initial launch servers that I am aware of.

But as I have said before I will take Green however the devs want to do it and be happy. I do urge them to reconsider this policy though as I believe it will severely limit people's ability to secure a lore appropriate name.

Thanks for listening.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

People might have muled an important item on a level 1 character.

Adding an "x" to the end of the name to free it up seems more likely than deleting people's characters.
Closed Thread