Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: How many people will play on Green at it's peak population?
0 - 500 7 5.56%
501 - 800 5 3.97%
801 - 1000 4 3.17%
1001 - 1200 9 7.14%
1201 - 1500 15 11.90%
1501 - 1800 15 11.90%
>= 1801 49 38.89%
Higher than listed (mention in response) 22 17.46%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 09:22 AM
Sarnak

It's too bad it launches so close after wow classic. However, it will probably hit 2-3k in the first few weeks and die down once people remember how boring classic actually is
Old 09-16-2019, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, it will probably hit 2-3k in the first few weeks and die down once people remember how boring classic actually is
Would be my assumption too.

I haven't played blue in a while but the announcement of green has my interested in making a new character and giving it a go. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the same boat.

Fresh start, meet new people, no inflated economy, temporarily normalized raid scene, a long shot at a guise/mana stone.

Better put in for some PTO in October/November [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2019, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

That's for the best, honestly. While I really want to play Green, the idea of being trapped in Classic with 3000+ people at the same level is an absolute nightmare. Classic is fairly boring to begin with, and when your entire game experience focuses on camping a single spawn because everyone else is also camping a single spawn...

I think that it will probably even out with Blue after a few months, personally. Or at least blue pre-green. What happens to blue's pop after this is another question entirely.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many people will play on Green at it's peak population?
The number is going to be a lot bigger than any of us expect. I have seen big gaming websites announce green server. Everyone over the years that played on blue, will probably give green a try. Everyone on the TLP servers will give green a try. Everyone that thought about trying blue over the past 3 years, but felt like they were too late for the party are going to try green.

So if I had to throw a number out there, I would say its going to be something like 10,000 plus. I know.......... that sounds crazy.

One thing that a lot of us have to remember is that P99 blue didnt have nearly the exposure at time of release as Green will have.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:51 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was pretty confused by a "greater than" option AND a "higher than options listed" option. Like. That's division by 0 grade bullshit right there.
As I was typing in the post, I felt like some folks would put some sort of giant imaginary number that is greater than 1801 but not very realistic or practical so I made the last choice available.

Examples:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
69 - 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if I had to throw a number out there, I would say its going to be something like 10,000 plus. I know.......... that sounds crazy.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

~2400
Old 09-20-2019, 01:39 PM
Kobold

Depends on how many streamers hop on which will bring faces that might not stick around but will boost numbers even if it's 1:10 ratio of stay/go.

The media has picked up on this pretty well and it's in the wake of the WoW nostalgia server just enough that the big hype is dying down for that, which makes it an opportune moment.

It'll be interesting to see for sure!
Old 09-20-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe I will stream, would be fun to record the first week for posterity, I don't know how to stream though 8(
Old 09-20-2019, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's too bad it launches so close after wow classic. However, it will probably hit 2-3k in the first few weeks and die down once people remember how boring classic actually is
I don't think it's a bad thing if the server starts with a more managable population,and then people trickle in as they get tired of wow classic, or mangler, or just as they discover p99, or they finally decide to move from blue. It will more closely match true classic, where live grew very organically over the first year or two.

And maybe if you are raiding on blue or something or just love playing twinks, Green will be boring to you. But for newer people / people that actually want to relive the content, I'd argue that blue is boring. Everything is trivial because everyone is running around from a low level in velious gear. There are no gear upgrades from mob drops, and no reason to go do quests. Everyone just begs for ports from A to B (and gets them), levels 60s just running around clicking their epics on the newbs.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe I will stream, would be fun to record the first week for posterity, I don't know how to stream though 8(
It's easier than you think if you take the time to learn the tools and setup. OBS is free and after a small learning curve works well.
Closed Thread