Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

I like the lists above but I also malo everything for longer root durations.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the lists above but I also malo everything for longer root durations.
I do as well for higher level mobs, but for Faerie Dragons and Goos I didn't find it worthwhile. Which might just be me being lazy and avoiding canni dancing in between spawns.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

This has nothing to do with your question OP but a few posts in here just gets me excited for the epic shaman life:

Find area to set up camp for the night:

Regular root

Net click root

Net click root

Net click root

malo 1st mob

re-root

malo 2 mob

root

malo 3 mob

root

malo 4 mob

root

epic click click click click (or slip them in after each root idk whtaever dealers choice)

Repeat root/epic on each mob 1 by one till you win!

I know this sounds stupdily repetitive, but its by far the most fun I had playing everquest lol

That was my strat!
Old 09-16-2019, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once again dude is asking for level 36-39 shaman leveling. Epic and JBB is not viable here.

Get a GFG, haste yourself, regen yourself, cast slow on mob, dot mob, use pet. /thread
You may notice that I was the first person to reply to the OP, and that that response was 100% geared towards them and their lack of Epic/JBB.

This second post was a reply to someone else (I literally quoted their post above mine). But regardless, there still is nothing wrong at all with talking to a level 36 Shaman and letting them know that other playstyles are coming in the future.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

For my iksar shaman, I made 35 off of the cheesy iksar outcasts in swamp of no hope and then moved over to West Karana to whack guards. I would haste my pet, attack with Shock of Tainted x2 + Envenomed Breath with a root and a cheap slow so that the target was at 40% health, and let the pet take it down for the rest while the DoT was working. I would constantly Sit the pet when it wasn't in use to regain health as fast as possible.

My plan was for mana blasting the 2 guards to get them dead as quickly and efficiently as possible with the pet finishing the kill at that 40% mark, and use Canni to recover w/ regen in use while waiting for new spawns. I did zero (0) melee, and was killing about as fast as my DE necromancer at the same level and targets. At level 39 I had canni 2 to work with and a new pet, but stuck it out on the guards until 42 I think at which point I went from 42 to 50 solely off of Den and Friends dwarf spawn in Butcherblock while watching videos and keeping spawns killed.

Honestly, at 34 you can sell your melee weapon you were fighting with and use a +wis / mana combo set for both hands and not be swinging again to hit 50. That includes ditching your haste item. You really won't need it for a leveling speed that rivals a necro or magician, unless you enjoy the novelty of swinging a weapon and not meditating through a fight.

Edit - People that have a fungi and prime gear would of course probably do better with mixing up melee in fights as well as take on more ambitious mob targets to level faster. All I was concerned with at the time was a competitive leveling speed off of VERY SIMPLE old world mobs that gave a moderate return of loot value and quality video watching time between spawns. Old world mobs really are the key to doing anything with leveling a character that is in an awkward stage of strength between spell level tiers.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 09-16-2019 at 07:41 PM..
Old 09-17-2019, 02:58 AM
Aviak

If you have a PWS I always found slow tanking to be the best and most efficient way at your level even without a Fungi.

Buff, use the lowest level slow you can get away with to conserve mana, use 1 DOT, preferably the quicker acting poison one for your level, and use the pet as another DOT while you tank.

Root/Rot works, but always feels less efficient and also less fun.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:32 AM
Kobold

36 to 39 is easy in the Unrest hag tower. Breaking the room the first time is just a little challenging, but can certainly be done with a couple roots, slow, and then nuke the hags down. Best XP to 39.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

If you have a decent hitting 2h, you can do jousting between med ticks while root rotting, or jousting while pet tanks to split incoming damage with pet a bit. That's a bit tryhard though.