Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 09:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

First If you think 5.56 suck you have never been shot by one. The Galil you like is also 5.56. Now lets talk sense if you are worried about SHTF think like this your not gonna find allot of ammo around for AK after things go sidewayz. But all police federal and us military use 5.56 and 7.62. So there never will be a shortage EVER! Now as for the best rifle Hands down M14 / M1A, Socom,Scout squad or just stander M1A.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by traf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First If you think 5.56 suck you have never been shot by one. The Galil you like is also 5.56. Now lets talk sense if you are worried about SHTF think like this your not gonna find allot of ammo around for AK after things go sidewayz. But all police federal and us military use 5.56 and 7.62. So there never will be a shortage EVER! Now as for the best rifle Hands down M14 / M1A, Socom,Scout squad or just stander M1A.
The M1A is nice, especially since I really like the M1 Garand. .308 is stopping power, and an excellent deer hunting rifle. But still, in an urban setting, I choose a shotgun. As far as for ammo, you can make shotgun shells yourself. And there are different types of ammo you can use, even slugs if you have a rifle bored shotgun, which don't just put holes in things but make them shatter/pop.
Last edited by Daywolf; 01-01-2016 at 10:34 PM..
Old 01-02-2016, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Joyce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Top quality thread, I would offer advice but I'm more of the fertilizer truck bomb type of 2nd amendment supporter.
Reported.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 01-02-2016, 07:16 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imo tactical shotgun hands down. Otherwise, AR15.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i agree. every arsenal should have a decent shotty. in certain situations, i prefer my modded saiga 12 over any SAR. mostly for home protection and zombie hordes. alternating buck and slug shots in the 20 rd drum. if you know a smithy whose shady you can have them covert it to full auto but dont get caught with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i agree. every arsenal should have a decent shotty. in certain situations, i prefer my modded saiga 12 over any SAR. mostly for home protection and zombie hordes. alternating buck and slug shots in the 20 rd drum. if you know a smithy whose shady you can have them covert it to full auto but dont get caught with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just keep drum at buck and do slugs in a 5 rd mag friend.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

If you really want the AK-47 go with the Saiga model. They are still manufactured under Mikhail Kalishnikov.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About full-auto, that just depends where you live (regarding the US). Less than 10 states make it incredibly hard to own a full-auto (e.g California). Some states you can, but licensing can be expensive. And then other states, it's not a problem (e.g. Idaho). Hell, in CA it's a 10yr wait just to get a concealed carry permit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well not for criminals.. But for life-long law abiding citizens in good standing and not on some anti-psychotic drug or anti-depressant, yeah... we're not the ones making the horrific news headlines. Oh wait... what was I saying...

Oh yeah, anyhoot, imo full-auto is overkill anyway, especially in say a urban setting, I recommend burst fire which is usually 3 round bursts on the switch. Unless you are using a tripod/stand or something, otherwise on those high caliber rifles the accuracy is just outlandish. In an urban setting, full-auto I just wouldn't use an assault rifle, but maybe a SMG if I needed full-auto (likely not). Rifles are about range, and urban is most often in-your-face near point blank if you defend properly. But sure you can shoot through walls, but that's not really smart shooting, more a desperate situation that with planning can be avoided.

Anyone buying their first weapon, I seriously recommend training. Most ranges have training programs, and training is not just how to shoot but also how to think. Be it hunting and/or defense, one can't just pick up a firearm with little to no training and expect to have a good outcome.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:09 AM
Aviak

What's the difference between an assault rifle and a regular rifle?
Old 01-03-2016, 01:20 AM
Banned

i need a gun to murder my wife's bull

i am every poster ITT
Old 01-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haystacks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the difference between an assault rifle and a regular rifle?
Really not a whole lot in most states since assault rifles are really meant to have semi-auto / burst / full-auto settings by design, but are neutered to comply with state and/or federal laws. But, they also have a complement of attachments and stuff designed to fit the weapons (e.g bayonets, grenade launchers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] , folding or telescopic stock etc etc etc). But imo much of the difference is just cosmetic when you get down to it.