Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-30-2014, 01:13 AM
Sarnak

Default Problem at character select.

First off, I followed the same instructions as I did on my desktop, and desktop works perfectly. On my laptop (which is newer), this is what's happening.

I downloaded EQ Titanium, installed it. Downloaded Duxa's All In One Installer, installed it. Same options as the desktop, they both run the same resolution and everything.

**By the way, I only have 1 account, just want it installed on both PC's so that if my back starts hurting too much at the desk, I can play on the laptop instead. Just in case people were wondering.

I click P99, after making sure new spell files are installed and everything. I get to character select, and after a second the screen freezes, and disappeared, then attempts to reappear, and I get a popup with "Reset Device Failed".

I have had that error once on the desktop so far, but I logged back in and it didn't do it again. Any ideas?
Old 03-30-2014, 02:08 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Run in windowed mode, or if you are having this problem in windowed mode, run it in full screen.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

I solved the Reset Device Failed thing by using Borderless Gaming.. basically EQ Windowed without the borders :P

Now I am running into a problem with random patches of the screen being pixelated starting at char select. Happens in both windowed and in full screen mode.. with BG or without.

Running a new Alienware laptop. Problem, again, doesn't exist on my desktop, and is only with P99... I can run EQ Live just fine.

Alienware 17
Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz CPU
16GB RAM
2 video cards: Intel HD Graphics 4600
GeForce GTX 765M
(I don't know why 2, I need to call Dell and find out wtf is up with that, but it causes no issues on live with all the higher resolution graphics it has.)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
Old 01-09-2015, 05:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Had same problem on MSI laptop with intel HD 4600 graphics plus a Gefoorce GTX 765m graphics built in.

Solution: Backwards of what I thought. Go to Geforce Control Panel. 3D settings. Find Program Everquest. Force Graphics \ Physics Processor to be HD4600 and NOT Geforce 765m.

This change gets rid of wild pixels. HD 4600 is powerful enough to run EQ.

Enjoy