Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-16-2020, 10:36 AM
Large Bat

Default Crash after clicking enter world

Yesterday morning I was playing the game fine, but when trying to log back in in the afternoon, I'm now having issues after hitting Enter World on the character select screen. It sits at the character select screen trying to load, but after about 3 minutes I get tossed back to the original login screen... I've tried to login to 2 different characters using both my desktop and my laptop, and still have this issue.

Any idea what could cause this on both of my machines that worked 24 hours ago with no issues?
Old 04-16-2020, 11:44 AM
Large Bat

I tried redownloading patch files, using compatibility mode, and using Win EQ2 with no luck. I finally tried using a VPN and it seems to work now. Not sure how or what changed with my internet, but it seems I require a VPN to play the game now...
Old 04-16-2020, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Usually a routing issue on your ISP side. They tend to come and go - will probably not need to use VPN in a day or two.

-Mcoy
Old 07-12-2020, 04:04 AM
Large Bat

Default same issue as signgain

I am experiencing the same issues as Signgain. I do not know when they started but I noticed them after I changed routers and bought a Netgear C6300. I had an issue with several other games. I have taken care of those, but my EQ will just let me enter world and freeze and go back to login. I have been getting both errors 1017 and 1018 though. My install and set up worked fine last time I played which was 2 months before installing this new modem/router.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:55 PM
Large Bat

I had to use a VPN for about a week and then the problem eventually went away.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:31 PM
Large Bat

I got home from work today and I couldn't connect to anything. So I power cycled the modem router, which I have done before but now I am able to login fine.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

Mine is doing same. Rebooted comp, repowered router. Keeps happening over and over.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 07-14-2020, 09:07 PM
Large Bat

I wish I had some information to give you. I messed with it all weekend. I would get signed out after clicking enter world. I was sending and receiving information from the server. I read some other posts from april talking about using VPN short term and that the problem went away. I can only think that might be what happened here. I gave up on it and went back to normal PC activity for the rest of the night. Came back home the next day, can load a webpage and watch youtube but not connect to steam or discord. I turned off the modem and back on and everything including EQ worked like nothing happened. I had to put all of my wireless devices back on the router though.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:47 PM
Large Bat

It is back to doing the same problem again.
Old 07-18-2020, 04:31 PM
Large Bat

I do not know what it is going on but I am starting to suspect it is nothing in my control. When I first noticed this problem I had gotten a new router (comcast). Problem was unresolved. 2 days later the problem is resolved and I am able to login into the game. 2 days later after that it is the same problem again. The problem is I get booted back to the login screen after clicking on the server or clicking enter world, usually when i click on the server. the game hangs and sends me back to the login screen. My friend was helping me a few days ago and told me that I am connecting to the server and that my comp and server are communicating. I have reinstalled the game today and nothing happened. I do get weird messages depending on what I click and what I "run as administrator". At this point I think I am going to try to wait it out or contact my ISP. I would try on another computer if I had one. Perhaps I should try connecting with my computer at another location.