Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 05:21 PM
Banned

I found Charming pre-paralyzing earth to be a gawd awful sh!tfest due to inconsistencies in root and charm seeming to not be as effective as it is 50+ (mainly it is that root sucks though)

Be warned that you will die many times learning the ins and outs of charming...Its honestly a lot easier to duo with someone so you don't have to worry about switching charms and low life ect ect and I personally wouldn't recommend it until level 49 because that's when you get god mode root (spoiler: you need to root mobs when charming in order to no instantly die while in tight quarters)
Last edited by Spyder73; 10-17-2017 at 05:25 PM..
Old 10-23-2017, 01:36 AM
Aviak

Does negative MR gear help to keep charmed necro pets charmed?
Old 10-23-2017, 01:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyblunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-23-2017, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyblunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Negative MR gear helps druid charms and necro charms.
CHA has no affect for these two class's charms.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:21 AM
Sarnak

I quite like charming in the 30s and 40s. tOfs and kaesora are the places I like.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found Charming pre-paralyzing earth to be a gawd awful sh!tfest due to inconsistencies in root and charm seeming to not be as effective as it is 50+ (mainly it is that root sucks though)
This isn't totally correct.

I've charm exped on a necro from about level 20 up and it wasn't hard at all. Matter of fact, it was trivial.

The key is to do it outdoors, only charm blues, and have Jboots or SoW potions. You don't need to root anything if you can just outrun stuff to recast a charm or FD.

Of course, 55+ necro charming is best done in HS and then outrunning stuff isn't gonna work, but you have other tools by then.

From 2x (forgot... might be 20) to 30 you can go to LOIO, find the 4 static skele spawns in a ruin south of the zone and make a level / hour there until you hit 30. It's trivial and really hard to die.
Charm a skel, get others to beat him down to 5%, break charm, spam lifetap on ex-pet until it goes off, refresh GCD with jboots, FD. Wait for others to walk away far enough to be out of their aggro range, stand up, rince repeat.

There are a few roamers there but it isn't hard to see them (we're outdoors), it's easy to outrun them, and they can actually help beating your pet down if it's the last mob in the ruins.

You need zero gear for this other than Jboots and ideally a CoS.

At 30, if you have jboots, and only in this case (or sow pots), go to FoB and do the Sythrax's, same strategy applies. Only difference is that you have less room to play with, you'll need to strafe-run + Jboots in order to survive. They are also pretty fast. They have high MR so they will break charm a lot. That's fine, you only need charm to last like 5 seconds. Your pet will be within 5% of its HPs really fast because these mobs ain't no jokers.

You will be 40 in a day. Some HP's here will actually be helpful because the mobs will cast a lot of instacast small (30ish DD) nukes on you. They don't hurt too much but if you're untwinked you'll have to pay attention to that somewhat.

At 40 I suggest you go to CoM and start owning stuff there, it's necro charm paradise. Mostly undead mobs, outdoors, can use pathing to your advantage.

At 54 just go to HS and never leave the place. You can go there earlier, probably as early as ... 47 (don't think I ever saw a mob in the basement that resisted Beguile Undead which is capped at 46), but sometimes you'll have live mobs to kill without undead to charm and it will suck. Also having Deflux (lvl 54) is a big quality of life improvement.

As far as KC is concerned... Cleric and Shaman undead mobs... yuck. Kaesora also has plenty of undead clerics which I never found fun to exp off.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Banned

Red face

subscribed
Old 11-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Kaesora all the way when you hit 39. Takes a lil while to figure the zone out, but once you do and get in those tunnels otw to library the xp is insane. It's possible to fearkite too down the tunnels once you have them cleared. You can do it before 39 but was rough. Interesting zone. And you can probably pick up a rotting HS key bit.

Hands down best zem at that level in this game.

ToFs would be interesting too I imagine.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:42 PM
Kobold

I always had fun camping Treants in SK. can be pretty challenging and great exp and lewts. also a vendor nearby the centaur stables. only downer is that is a super camped.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:56 AM
Kobold

At 34 when you get root, do the top room of the tower in Unrest. 2 hags on a 6-7 minute spawn time and one named/ph in the middle on a longer timer. Once you get it broken you can just root/pet attack/undead nuke spam the hags as soon as they spawn and the xp is amazing.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Closed Thread