Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone know if Star of Eyes requires a target to click cast or an item on your cursor?
Do you have to be a Wizard?
What is the minimum level to get the Glowing Chest container from the Tarton's Wheel Quest?
The wiki lists the quest as minimum level 35, but maybe that's just for the final turn-in?
Does anyone know the respawn timer on the ground rods?

I will test these questions and report back once I complete.

BTW Star of Eyes is an amazing potential option! I'm going for it on my 60 enchanter.

Rod of Insidious Glamour requires a target and is annoying with the spell particles it creates. Sometimes it can conceal the particles of the spell the NPC is casting.

Goblin Earring requires sacrificing an earring slot.

Kromzek Surveryor Scope causes migraines.

10/10 great advice forum!
Star of Eyes requires a target, and it's range is exactly half that of Rod of Insidious Glamor. I got one for my 60 Enchanter because I can't stand Rod's spell particles, but I can't bear to use the Star of Eyes so it just sits in the bank. Star of Eyes looks great at first glance, but unless you like standing right on top of mobs it's just not very practical imo. 100 Range is not much range at all.

Pretty sure the Star of Eyes quest can be completed at lvl 1 though, I would assume the "minimum level 35" is in reference to the fact most people sub-35 wouldn't be able to get the Guk piece. The ground rods respawn almost instantly, as soon as you pick yours up another one will spawn.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

If you're a necro, Words of Darkness from the Sol Ro Temple quest is "free", doesn't need to be equipped, and works indoors where you can't use jboots. Goblin earring needs to be equipped, surveyor scope is just annoying as all get out, and star of eyes needs a target.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Damn it I thought it wouldn't require a target I thought Identify was a self only spell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2017, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn it I thought it wouldn't require a target I thought Identify was a self only spell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
target yourself, use item, target last target...programmable keyboard ftw.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:44 PM
Aviak

People are overstating how annoying needing a target is. The target can be anything: you, a groupmate, a random guy walking buy, the enemy you're fighting. The range is far more annoying but can work around it easily. I find the telescope zoom effect far harder to deal with.

Obviously if you have the option of something that's self only or longer range, use that.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

I love the glam rod. Used a scope from teens to 34 or so when I was able to do the rod of insidious glamor quest. Super awesome. I have a scope for the druid and it is annoying as all shit. Need to find a better item there.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:11 AM
Kobold

I'd rather use goblin earring than deal with any of the disadvantages of other clickies. And only use it in a dungeon.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

The target requirement is very marginally annoying, if ever at all. The very few times it happened to me were pretty much always during a rebuffing / downtime phase where for some reason I didn't have a target and a buff was cast a second later or so.

In a combat situation you pretty much always have a target.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:03 AM
Sarnak

can non-enchanters use Rod of Insidious Glamour?
Old 11-24-2017, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can non-enchanters use Rod of Insidious Glamour?
No. Has to be equipped.
Closed Thread