Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 03:27 AM
Orc

Default Green - Tank Weapons < Lvl 40

Looking for a list of obtainable tank weapons available in classic before level 40 for green.

Langseax and PGT seem to the only two that I can find that are decently obtainable. What else am I missing? Gearing for armor is straight forward for green but weapons seem a whole other ballgame.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

When P99 was new a lot of the mid-level Warriors used Obsidian Shards. Axe of the Slayers serves nicely as well.

Danth
Old 09-14-2019, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

Arguably gnoll hide lariet for the stun. It's low delay also means it gets to regularly apply damage bonus at higher levels (doesn't compare to yak). At lower mid levels it can be used in off hand (i.e before the hand starts reliably swinging and can't double attack... Don't forget the off hand can proc even when it fails to duel wield): a narrow window of level 25-28 i think.

All that aside, you won't be competing with epic rogues, modern knight ratios, kunark mobk weapons... The improved access to weapon skills that mean you swing more than most other classes suggests until yak just play to the strength of your swing generation and go for the (2dmg+db)/delay.

Silvery axe i think is 6/22... Thats pretty damn good for vanilla.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:40 AM
Planar Protector

Silvery war axe and brazen brass kilij was a solid combo back in the day.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Brazen_Brass_Kilij
Old 09-14-2019, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

A few ideas:

On the higher end, Bladed Thulian Claws might be obtainable, assuming people are farming the Rubi BP. Polished Steel Dirk is also a good one (8/23) off spectres in Qeynos Aquaducts, but not in p99 wiki for some reason. Lastly, you may be able to get an Electrum Bladed Wakizashi from the Vampire teeth quest in Mistmoore (is this era?).

For more low level (20's) obtainable items, Jambiya off Hatar in Oasis, Cat o' Nine Tails, or Mystical Claws of JoJo from Kerra Isle (assuming the revamp is in), Gladius/Pugius from Unrest, Obsidian shard/scimitar from Sol A, and Silverish Scimitar from SK come to mind. Lots of scimitars for some reason. Also, obviously Dragoon Dirk is there as well.

Also, Ashenwood Short Spear and maybe, Stiletto of the Bloodclaw for SHD from Najena?

I think there was a drop in pre-infected Splitpaw that was pretty decent, but can't find any info on it / not sure if that will be on green.

Assuming it's in at release, Ghoulbane is obtainable at 30 for Paladins (is this in era?).

Disclaimer, I played classic after the Sol temple quests were put in, so I don't know exactly what is in era for release, esp. given the quasi-classic nature of the content at p99 release.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

I've been trying to add "Equipping a ____" pages to the wiki to store this sort of information. For instance:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Druid
http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Shaman
http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Necromancer
http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Ranger

I really don't know tank gear (Blue or Green) well enough to even start one for Warriors/Paladins/Shadow Knights, but if anyone else does and feels motivated ...

Plus of course if you don't want to do that you can always just add items to the existing "Class/Era/Raid-level" lists (ie. pages like http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Planar_Gear).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:39 PM
Orc

Some really good suggestions in here. It seems like there are a good amount of decent weapons between 30-40 I didn't know about.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Kicsh Der Pavz procs Strong Poison at level 20.
Paw will be hard (there's what I call a train trap after the double doors), but I bet this is a pretty good aggro weapon.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

You guys who haven't played classic era in a while are in for a treat. Using these old world weapons that become garbage can trash in kiunark era is really a joy.

In old world eq almost every item has a pretty decent place in the heirarchy so these level up zones are actually gearing up zones. So fun.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Ykesha's and EBW's were pretty pre-raid solids as I recall. Back in like 1999 my RL buddy wouldn't shut up about how much dps he was doing when those dual Ykeshas started proccing. Pretty sure he spent like 8kp each on them.

Before that he had an executioner axe. My pally bud had a Silvery Two Handed Sword, then Mithril 2h. A Gigantic Zweihander was another solid pick for mid-geared people.
Closed Thread