Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a lot of options.

I didn't say just food. It's possible to make it consumables (including food and drink), potions, gems, items with a vendor price < X, on and on.

The only argument I ever see is.. . "People won't play because of this or that". Like for me personally, I would want more incentive for pvping. RZ on live, and the original vztz emu were my item loot experiences. Had a lot of fun on both. Gives people a reason to do quests for no-drop gear.

While developing p99, people told me to do the exact opposite of most everything I did so I have a hard time believing them considering the server is successful in terms of population.

As I said, there were more servers than the coin-only ones. Consider that a lot of players came from an FFA environment and are making concessions for teams; try to be more open minded to their original server rulesets as well.
Item loot is way too hardcore for the crowd you want to attract.

As said in the streams you want to bring people back but you also want to get blue people as well. Item loot will chase off blue players faster then R99 did.

No to item loot.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

at the start of tallon zek / vallon zek there was a small window of time of item loot. It did turn to just faction loss in the major cities of that faction, and coin loot.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'd try to make it more pvp focused. (as you described it, with the plat-to-crystal method, everyone would just buy their crystal-gear immediately after buying their crystals, giving no chance to actually loot ppl's crystals, only the resulting items)
well its essentially opt in however much risk / reward you want. if you want to hang out at the 5$ poker table that's fine. if you want to go kick it at ball so hard university in the back room at the bellagio with foreign dignitaries and movie stars, u better bring your black mastercard.

this is also why i put in the bit about anyone being able to loot 1 crystal reward item, regardless of if they have any crystals. so even if you immediately go convert your crystals to items, those are still at risk, and you also block yourself from procuring more rewards through pvp by doing this. it also gives a little bit of an edge in the risk v reward of the system to noobs, in that if you have nothing you always stand a chance to gain, but the more you have the more you stand to gain / lose.

i would like it to end up being kind of a dick waving contest, so big name pvpers will post ss's of killshots on forums with red ms paint arrows highlighting their 10k stack of crystals on the line while slaying others. this will hopefully also give a little incentive to go after 60s with gear rather than naked low 50s.

your idea of limiting the crystals bought at vendors could be interesting, but i might do it from the other side. if there were some way to make the item vendor not sell to you once you had x number of crystal rewards in your possession, including bank, it could force you to go out and pvp with some crystals on your body once you started getting into baller mode. this would also probably make people burn through the items quicker, increasing the plat sink rate. you could always continue to loot items and crystals through pvp, just not purchase them from the vendor. i could go either way with this one. i do see how the hoarding thing could be a problem, but i also think the items being lootable innately takes care of this.

another more simple option would be to just make all the items lore. definitely something that could be trial and error tweaked.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

SZ rule set .... we already have an exp bonus ... I would expect that to stay. SZ also had less exp loss on death .... implement that and run with it.

Item loot is too hardcore for most ... it's a lot easier to replace exp than to replace a fungi. But if you are going to implement item loot, make items in bags lootable to prevent people from running/bagging.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:27 PM
VIP / Contributor

But also, Sullon XP loss was rezzable - it never was here.You would die 3-4 times contesting, decide that was enough, log off to save timers, then go back later and 96% your way back up.

I am pretty sure the implementation of pvp xp loss turned everyone here off of it for good.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Banned

So don't wear your fungi solo pvping? Or bag it before you die?

I will tell you that a no level range server with item loot is a terrible idea
I will tell you that a teams server, especially with no level range, with item loot is a terrible idea

And yet... I push for it so hard on the FFA server along with a 4 level range. Why could that be.... hmm...
Closed Thread