Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Banned

lollllll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once used game genie to advance on Duck Hunt in 1998, so i think we should be able to destroy pets with level 4 enchanter spells.
i KNEW it !!! all you VZTZ are hackers, finally you admit... god damn all red server players use mq2 and exploit game mechanics.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Bombfist, or Glen rather, aren't you a brit? Did you even play EQ Live PvP servers?
Zoinks! The bloke got a hold of your real life name mate. How can you handle that? He even knows where you hail from. Time to back up and bug out before wermacht gets sidewalk chalk and writes up paragraphs on nonsense infront of your flat

My name is Chris and i am from Wisconsin so in the future if I happen to shit all over you in a thread you can respond and feel superior by using my real name and where i am from

I think smedy is Jonny, the J is like an H like the Jesus in spanish is Hey-zues, and resides in stockholm

No one is safe now!
Last edited by Lasher; 04-02-2011 at 01:25 PM..
Old 04-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes i played on live on SZ
Claims to have played SZ. Won't say who. That doesn't look suspicious or anything. Looks like we just found Fansy the Bard or Sam Deathwalker.

Quote:
Post more strawmen arguments and finish with the classic "omg you're not on my leaderboard of live greats you know nothing"
Listen, I don't care what your past history is. This is now, if you want something to differ from EQ live PvP of anywhere in the 1999-2001 era, you have to post why you think it should be different and back it up with some kind of logic.

You don't get to say "well TZVZ had blah blah so this server should be the same". There is nothing logical about that. TZVZ is the poor copy of EQ where wizards tanked the same as warriors and at one point, warriors could crippling blow people for 1000 damage with an exe axe because Daxum just thought, "hey why not?".
Old 04-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

I dont want to get in an debate about how it was in 1999 and how it is now or how it should be. Frankly i cant say with 100% and i dont believe anyone can.

Any emu pvp server the dev are going to have to write a PVP resist formula. Its not just going to pop out of thin air. Rogean was given the vztz code and can look at it for reference.

You say 100-120 mr made you immune to root and if that is true it doesnt really help rogean. He will not be able to just hard code it that once you reach 120 mr you will resist root 100%. Spells always had a % chance to land and levels made a big difference. My knowledge which is old and shady is it was hard to cast spells on people who were above you and on people who were below you it was easy.However the differed on SZ it was later coded to make spells land easier when casting on higher lvl and resist easier casting on lower people.

Bombfist is just testing what he can. He provided data and maybe rogean can look at the stats and be like " Root needs to resist more and from bombfist post i can tweak vztz resist code to make it so that root will now resist 85% when you reach 115 mr when fighting a even vs even"
Old 04-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
1 - Make a no teams, FFA style PvP server.

2 - Make a two team, dark vs light based, diety based, or race war type server.
You left out an option, OP.

3 - Don't make a Red server at all and watch the PvP'ers QQ some moar. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Aviak

He's literally too stupid too argue with.

Quote:
This is now, if you want something to differ from EQ live PvP of anywhere in the 1999-2001 era, you have to post why you think it should be different and back it up with some kind of logic.
Wow man, you're right, it's as if i could have tested some resist mechanics or something, and then posted suggestions with some kind of logic.

Quote:
I think with maximum MR gear in classic ( considering the game will have to scale to kunark) 75% resist to root with 25% partial resists (under 5 second break) would be fair,
Not once did i say "Lets use the vz/tz code for resists seems to own it"

The code needs a complete work over, and afaik the current caster code is nothing like the original code on the server, the code as is seems to point to one single resist check for ALL spells, each spell needs it's own resist check which it doesn't seem to have right now, if you actually read the post instead of sticking your fingers in your ears screaming for 100% root resist you might learn something.

I enjoyed your last 2 posts mr strawman;

Quote:
Claims to have played SZ. Won't say who. That doesn't look suspicious or anything. Looks like we just found Fansy the Bard or Sam Deathwalker.
Quote:
Listen, I don't care what your past history is. This is now, if you want something to differ from EQ live PvP of anywhere in the 1999-2001 era, you have to post why you think it should be different and back it up with some kind of logic.
Quote:
Did you even play EQ Live PvP servers? If so what era and servers?

I'm tired of seeing people who never even played the EQ live PvP servers during this era try and act like they know what they're talking about.
Have you had a stroke or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misto View Post
go hang yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht View Post
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO ROOT, LETS DUEL, NO ROOTS, I GET TO START ON 100% HP AND YOU ON 50% BECAUSE YOU HIT HARDER THAN ME.
Quote:
<cc0> Bombfist: I hear chicks want to do you based on the power of your voice alone
<cc0> respect
Bombfist The Lizard King: Bringing Basketball to Degenerate Trolls since 1999
Old 04-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont want to get in an debate about how it was in 1999 and how it is now or how it should be. Frankly i cant say with 100% and i dont believe anyone can.
Well I'm 100% positive that I can....because druids have a spell called ensnare which obviously works off the same resist root does. If ensnare landed on you, you would be stuck and not able to go anywhere for a solid 10 minutes on EQ live PvP servers.

Seeing as how EQ has always been crawling with druids, you definitely notice when spells like that stop landing on you. I think you could still land maybe 1 out of 10 or 20 with 80mr but with 100+ magic resist, nobody casted it on you.

Do you think the EQ devs would actually let people land crowd control spells like that plus 8 second long chanter stuns? A wizard and chanter could just group together and mez/stun/nuke everyone in the game to death.

Quote:
I think with maximum MR gear in classic ( considering the game will have to scale to kunark) 75% resist to root with 25% partial resists (under 5 second break) would be fair
Once again, there is no logic whatsoever to that. You made a statement then failed to define *WHY* it should be like that or give any reasons. "Would be fair" is not a reason. There is no mention of caster vs melee or caster vs caster game dynamics or why any of it should be changed from normal EQ PvP servers.
Last edited by wehrmacht; 04-02-2011 at 02:14 PM..
Old 04-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Banned

Root > wehrmacht
Old 04-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once again, there is no logic whatsoever to that. You made a statement then failed to define *WHY* it should be like that or give any reasons. "Would be fair" is not a reason. There is no mention of caster vs melee or caster vs caster game dynamics or why any of it should be changed from normal EQ PvP servers.
The reason is implied, sorry i've not dealt with anyone who had down syndrome before, i retract all comments made against wehrmacht, as i wasn't aware of his illness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misto View Post
go hang yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht View Post
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO ROOT, LETS DUEL, NO ROOTS, I GET TO START ON 100% HP AND YOU ON 50% BECAUSE YOU HIT HARDER THAN ME.
Quote:
<cc0> Bombfist: I hear chicks want to do you based on the power of your voice alone
<cc0> respect
Bombfist The Lizard King: Bringing Basketball to Degenerate Trolls since 1999
Old 04-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
The reason is implied, sorry i've not dealt with anyone who had down syndrome before, i retract all comments made against wehrmacht, as i wasn't aware of his illness.
Sorry but you're a brit and know better than trying to pull some nonsense like that. There is no logical implied reason to that sentence.

Why is it fair? 10 out of 14 classes get an innate form of root or snare. Are 10 out of 14 classes underpowered?

If you want to balance classes, you start from a baseline and identify which ones under perform. The baseline is EQ, it is not TZVZ.
Last edited by wehrmacht; 04-02-2011 at 02:35 PM..
Closed Thread