Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

All the people who didn't /move would lose their shit about not being able to choose rotation server. Did they ever even disable /move? Seemed like it was left open well over two weeks.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mostly this: zerg guilds are classic as fuck. Really the only unclassic thing is the exact size: I don't think pre-Kunark guilds ever got quite this big, but that's a classic environment, not mechanics issue.

That being said, all humans in systems behave according to how those systems lead them to behave. If Rogean starts punishing guilds for ____ this week, you can guarantee those guilds won't do _____ again next week (though they'll probably try doing it again in a few months).

My point is, Rogean could solve this extremely easily. He could limit guilds to a certain number and not let invites work after that. Raid zones could simply start zoning out every guild member after the Nth that enters. And there's probably at least ten other different options I'm too lazy to think up right now.

If Rogean wanted, he could make everything MUCH more about skill and playing the game well, and MUCH less about uber nerds recruiting as many other nerds as they possibly can to make things as easy as possible.

But again, the reason I think he'll likely never do that (or at least, not on Green/Teal) is ... zerg guilds are classic as fuck.
There were definitely guilds that big in the pre-Kunark days and raiding was certainly a crap show at times. The difference was people didn’t have quite the same amount of knowledge about loot and drops, that these legacy items were going to go away eventually, etc etc; so you didn’t see these huge guilds also trying to monopolize every camp in the game which meant people didn’t focus on the guild size issue as much.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

If you want to raid the top mobs of vanilla, why not just join Kingdom? They seem cool as does their leader.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:03 AM
Banned

*snortles*
Old 12-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to raid the top mobs of vanilla, why not just join Kingdom? They seem cool as does their leader.
the biggest downside is their raid times have been starting at 9pm EST. Even on Sundays. If your an employed east coaster, forget it.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by welly321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the biggest downside is their raid times have been starting at 9pm EST. Even on Sundays. If your an employed east coaster, forget it.
Start times are mostly a luxury of having no competition. That's gonna change in the future, especially with guilds like Lineage on the way up. I'm looking forward to it honestly, it's good to shake things up.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 12-06-2019, 10:52 AM
Aviak

Default This isn't classic

The timeframe is, but the experience isn't. When I/most people played, there was a constant flow of new toons to level with. Since i'm more casual and i started on green 1.5 weeks after launch. I only saw the tail end of the level wave and now most people are 30-50 with relatively few at lower levels. It was like a huge race started with all players starting at the same time. Without new people joining constantly (like there was on live), there's no new toons constantly leveling up. Just my two cents. I'm lvl 16 now, and I feel left behind and not engaged.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

On Tunare we had 3 big guilds but only 1 zerg guild similar to Seal Team.. it was called Stars.. and GMs disbanded it and told them no more than 20 of them could be in a guild together ever again. No idea if it was enforced. I honestly thought it was racist since Stars was the only HK guild. But they blocked a lot of raiding and ks and trained raid mobs. But the other guilds did it too.. Stars was just better at it.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Tunare we had 3 big guilds but only 1 zerg guild similar to Seal Team.. it was called Stars.. and GMs disbanded it and told them no more than 20 of them could be in a guild together ever again. No idea if it was enforced. I honestly thought it was racist since Stars was the only HK guild. But they blocked a lot of raiding and ks and trained raid mobs. But the other guilds did it too.. Stars was just better at it.
Vae Inimicus and Talisman were the top dogs of the server. Stars was definitely an Asian Zerg but don’t recall them mattering too much and never knew they were disbanded by SOE.. Tide was the Euro guild and also were meh.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:20 PM
Banned

teal is going to be a one guild server for sure
Closed Thread