Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 02:18 AM
Fire Giant

Int casters just solo more efficiently than druids, so they have a higher pp per hour income. Druids can port, sure, but with the average donation being 10-25pp (more in dire need) that is an awful lot of zoning to make money. A mage, enc, or necro can solo a lot more effectively and bring in the money/fine steel/whatever you want to sell.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 08-26-2013, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seattle is alright, second best city in the state! Spokane of course being numero uno.

And you will enjoy it here. While I don't play as much as I did years ago, even when the population was around 150 at peak times it was still a blast. So now that it's regularly over 1k it's even better.
<---Lives in Coeur D' Alene
Old 08-26-2013, 02:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your only reason to roll a caster is to make money to twink a melee...I would go druid. Get your ports, bind at KC and just run ports all day long. That will be your best bet for money imo.
Pretty much this.

Since you asked about Mages in particular though, they're still plenty powerful. The pet focus items are working properly (at level 4 even), and sword of runes is correctly doing damage to all targets (this wasn't fixed until later). They're very welcome as dps in groups, go figure.

I think you should probably mull over the bigger picture when it comes to character choice by factoring in Velious. P 1999 is supposedly going to get Velious launched in 4-5 months, give or take a few. Certain classes will really take off then (hybrid penalty of -40% is nuked), and others will retain their shortcomings (necromancers still won't have DoT's stacking on a target).

Pick carefully.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Is the xp pen removed right at launch? I thought it came with the epic revamp a few months in.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:30 AM
Sarnak

Washitonian here as well, hailing from the dirty little town of Wapato :P
Old 08-26-2013, 02:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
\(necromancers still won't have DoT's stacking on a target).
Ooh I'm glad you mentioned this. So DoT stacking is not in game? Or is it just a bug with necros? I honestly cannot remember when that mechanic was added in classic. But it definitely affects my opinion of druids.

I guess the main reason I want to roll a druid is both for convenience and for nostalgia (since thats was my first experience in EQ). Those things aside, I'd probably want to go with a Monk. But the idea of leveling a melee without gear does not thrill me.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajkuhuun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Washitonian here as well, hailing from the dirty little town of Wapato :P
Lol I think I smelled Wapato on my way to Yakima once. Aren't there lots of cattle there? Or am I thinking of Sunnyside? It's been so long I forgot.

Originally from Tri-Cities here but now living in Pennsylvania. I still have a habit of referring to Washington as "home" though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2013, 03:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ooh I'm glad you mentioned this. So DoT stacking is not in game? Or is it just a bug with necros?
Not a bug. The ability for DoT's to stack on a target from multiple casters wasn't introduced until Luclin. Which means P1999 will never have it for Necros, Shaman, or yeah, Druids.

I guess i shouldn't say Never, but the general understanding is that Velious is all the server will see for expansions to keep it a Classic feel. That said, druids are hurt the least out of the DoT users so don't let it really affect your decision a ton.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:34 AM
Kobold

True true. So what about different level dots from the same caster on the same target? Can I stack my level xx DoT with my level yy DoT?

In any case, I ended up making a druid for nostalgia purposes. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Name is Wenuven, if anyone wants to group up in game!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seattle is alright, second best city in the state! Spokane of course being numero uno.

And you will enjoy it here. While I don't play as much as I did years ago, even when the population was around 150 at peak times it was still a blast. So now that it's regularly over 1k it's even better.
Oh yea...I hear all my friends and co-workers going on and on about how they can't wait to spend their next two-week vacation in beautiful....Spokane. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread