Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 01:55 AM
Banned

Default Why Red has such a low pop

Dear Rogean & Nilbog,

I know you cant legally make any money off server, but you can legally make money off the Wiki banner's and advertisements, and more red players= more clicks= more revenue. Now catering to blues by making red more blue is not gonna help attract new player's. Let's face it the guys who want to play on red are mostly oldschool pvp server player's from original EQ.

And it's not the OOC making them not wanna play, it's not the hostile environment and ruthless pvp. Basically all the shit that makes you guys not want to play, a red player jerks off too.

What makes people not want to play HERE is the BS coding that resembles nothing classic. So a true hardcore red player logs on and says WTF is this BS and quits. Now some things need unique coding like traks teeth(because on live there wasn't 1000 of these things floating around getting blown 20 times a day. But the spell coding you shouldn't fuck with.

I'll give ya a quick list

5% random land never existed on live was more like 2% with high resists

Fire & Cold this shit did not land on live when you pushed the 160 mark, ya can't have sunstrikes landing like lures shits dumb as fuck.

Highsun was a worthless spell on live ya can't give a class that can escape everything a 3 sec lockdown stun that strips cmon that's common sense.

Mage Pet's You cannot make mage pet's land everything those fucken pets are two nasty to give them a land everything root and epic stun. Mages have a malo line on live they had to use it here u make a mage AI easy mode.

Jboot spell refresh, melee haste vs 2 second wait is some BS. Not to mention it lets to many casters pull a gate off because after you hit um ya gotta wait till gate is almost over to hit an interrupt. Lets to many people escape, when they should go splat!

Instant click Mania: to many of these items in circulation and stocked up on for you to correct with drop rate or variance nerfs. Ya gotta put cast times on gate pots conflag wands. shouldn't let anybody win in PVP by acting blue that's not classic EQ by any means. nobody on classic was gate poting everytime they were in trouble or trak toothing/conflag/golem wanding someone 5 times a day.

Epics on Noobs: Ya got a real problem with noobs being griefed off by player's who epic out lvl 20's no one pre lvl 46 should be rocking an epic'd toon. Make it 46 or no equip.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

FF14 real good
Old 08-29-2013, 02:12 AM
Banned

The main thing is epics on rogues, And if you can't deal with that I dunno what to say. Yeah people have alt epic rogues they are very easy to obtain. Level past them. Gate pots, Golem wands, whatever. Highsun should be fixed for sure, shits dumb but I don't expect anything done about it. People have brought up these issues and more before in the past months repeatedly. We are stuck with what we have for now. Trak tooth are hilarious imo, especially when you get toothed and still live. And even if you die to one, I personally don't consider it a kill.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:14 AM
Fire Giant

What are some of the examples of making red more blue?
Old 08-29-2013, 02:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main thing is epics on rogues, And if you can't deal with that I dunno what to say. Yeah people have alt epic rogues they are very easy to obtain. Level past them. Gate pots, Golem wands, whatever. Highsun should be fixed for sure, shits dumb but I don't expect anything done about it. People have brought up these issues and more before in the past months repeatedly. We are stuck with what we have for now. Trak tooth are hilarious imo, especially when you get toothed and still live. And even if you die to one, I personally don't consider it a kill.
I don't care about epic'd rogues whatsoever, but for new players here that shit aint fair man, a day 1 guy don't stand a chance vs that.

True a lot of this stuff was classic but people on classic weren't making sure they farmed it daily. Basically it wasn't everywhere it was once in a blue moon kinda stuff here it's everyday everywhere.

And all of that will turn off a red player new to the box.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:02 AM
Banned

Yeah, I ran into that shit later on in EQ a lot, with deleveld pks. But on live shit was rare year 1-2... kinda don't care how "classic" shit is, lets replicate that feel. Not to mention those PK's had to fight versus 20, non-twinked players. They might get lucky and get a few ganks, but they couldn't log on every 45 mins to troll 1 solo noob in rags.

Don't have to be an ace to know what sportsmanship is. Buncha fuckin retards on this server don't give blue players a chance.

Well yeah, everyone starts from a blue perspective almost. Even the reddest of the red did back in the day. But it was a lot less prevalent and discouraging.

To say "suck it up, your not cut out for red" is to sell people short. Maybe their not. But they should be answering that question around level 40, not level 15.

I think its kinda dumb how everyone takes the cop out, roll a level 55 druid and twink a fungi + epic. Its like everyones cop out for TMO on blue. Bluebie behavior.

Its the bluest of the blue to roll a twinked fungi rogue in unrest for that matter. Prove you can dunk, don't prove you can invest 2 years time into an alt.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 08-29-2013 at 03:07 AM..
Old 08-29-2013, 04:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are some of the examples of making red more blue?
Farming items like conflag wands/golem wands/ gate pots and traks tooth one button clicks that decide pvp. So you killed an npc an that let you destroy a player in pvp. Sounds blue as fuck to me.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

yeah clickies need to get fixed, i never remember anyone using soulfires on live. I dont think anyone but a paladin could even click it.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Sarnak

I'll give ya a quick list

5% random land never existed on live was more like 2% with high resists

Fire & Cold this shit did not land on live when you pushed the 160 mark, ya can't have sunstrikes landing like lures shits dumb as fuck.

Highsun was a worthless spell on live ya can't give a class that can escape everything a 3 sec lockdown stun that strips cmon that's common sense.

Mage Pet's You cannot make mage pet's land everything those fucken pets are two nasty to give them a land everything root and epic stun. Mages have a malo line on live they had to use it here u make a mage AI easy mode.

Jboot spell refresh, melee haste vs 2 second wait is some BS. Not to mention it lets to many casters pull a gate off because after you hit um ya gotta wait till gate is almost over to hit an interrupt. Lets to many people escape, when they should go splat!

Instant click Mania: to many of these items in circulation and stocked up on for you to correct with drop rate or variance nerfs. Ya gotta put cast times on gate pots conflag wands. shouldn't let anybody win in PVP by acting blue that's not classic EQ by any means. nobody on classic was gate poting everytime they were in trouble or trak toothing/conflag/golem wanding someone 5 times a day.

Epics on Noobs: Ya got a real problem with noobs being griefed off by player's who epic out lvl 20's no one pre lvl 46 should be rocking an epic'd toon. Make it 46 or no equip.[/QUOTE]

I also agree on the soul fire charges. Make it Paladin only.

Please do these things. Lets not kid ourselves that we are playing in 99. Some things should be fixed for the health of the server. We all know too much about the game and all farm the same game breaking loots.

Badger
Old 08-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

solid list Syft - I agree with all points

/signed
Closed Thread