Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Wizards in classic were shit -- We're talking about a small timeframe here 1999-first quarter of 2000. Ice comet would be commonly fully resisted at 75 cold resist. Conflag was similar with ~75 getting real good partials or completely resist it.

Wizards got better in kunark/velious, draughts were still easily resisted but they got access to lures which landed all the time and made them tough opponents.

You guys got a twisted memories of getting nuked, probably because you were playing on rz and had all your gear bagged.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Kobold

So you want the "classic" PvP resist i take it?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffEcT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you want the "classic" PvP resist i take it?
Sure do. You should also, necros were god back then. Theyre shit with this current resist system. The wizards were alright, the druids were only stacking winged death/drifting on people, they'd still use nukes on people 8 levels lower and thatd work. Mages werent that good, but they had unresistable malo and could land spells after that.

All the melees were much better than they are right now.

I'd also take the classic level resist adjustement. If you were lower level, you couldnt land shit on people 4+ level higher. Levels were king, then gear.

Talking about resists seems like beating a dead horse though. This will probably never change.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffEcT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take a look at the post retard, the interrupt code was just one of the issues.
Reading Comprehension Failure, luckily I tutor this section for the LSAT and can assist you in locating arguments / viewpoints / logical reasoning, etc. Just ask Xantille about my services.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Those classic resists made large scale pvp fights last forever, which by definition made the skilled players shine more. I dont see much skill in assist trains and having everybody(even clerics!) nuke someone dead because they didnt have 200+ in every resists.

Those t-staff procs/assist trains wouldnt be as deadly -- the reasons why everybody whine about the 12 seconds stuns is that everything lands for full and you die. If you had decent resists(~100 in everything) back then, youd probably survive an assist train with one druid healer healing you.

edit: im just derailing from the OP but w/e, dont care. this need to be said once in awhile
Old 01-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

I don't get rooted much now that I'm like 170 MR unbuffed - but that shit hurt the population more than anything in classic IMO.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Banned

Nizzar is pretty on point, esp with how necros are doing here vs wizards.

A skilled necro in his (risked!!!) full resist gear with deflux was fucking hideous to deal with for my wizard on live, even without a pet.

However, a "naked caster" version that you all stupidly fear so much, was ice comet + draught gib bait and some laughs (fyi: right now, you're pretty much screwed anyways and in this boat with this system).

You will all enjoy PvP so much more, you are just terrified of things you've conceived in your head or are just trying to defend something you think is an advantage right now. Sure you're helping yourself out 1v1 making root+snare the flavor of the month or making sure all your nukes always hit for full... but in group PvP you are screwing yourself over royally as a caster.
Last edited by Nirgon; 01-30-2013 at 03:21 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Banned

Should also be 4 levels only, or at least do something like that 51+ where 51+ players are considered differently. Shit would be a mess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get rooted much now that I'm like 170 MR unbuffed - but that shit hurt the population more than anything in classic IMO.
wearing nothing but MR only gear so that you can resist roots MOST of the time sounds fucking awful to me
Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Banned

Kunark era wizards got a bit better. While I agree they were nothing compared to what they are on here they weren't lacking for power whatsoever. On Tallon Zek you couldn't port into a wizzy spire without Lightadam (60 wiz) or Quiknuss (60 rog) having you more than half dead before the zone popped.
Closed Thread