Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never mentioned griefing, I mentioned the players on red, you read griefing into it.

By the amount of oversensitiveness I have to assume you're one of those people that needs red99 for validation and self worth. I don't see that as an issue (on a personal note I find it sad, but to each their own).

So while I never mentioned griefing, you could be right, I might be a super basic human, not entirely sure what that is. Sounds pretty positive if you ask me.

Good luck with your issues snowflake.
You never mention griefing? You get mad how people play games or the results of the game that's what I mean about basic. You're a loser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't log into a 20 year old elf sim with 39 other people to talk shit and grief people as a high school science teacher because you're happy with your life.
Loser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2017, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry snowflake, not mad. I was making the connection that people that use the game to validate their existence by doing whatever on red, are less likely to role play. I have no real opinions on griefing or roleplaying, I don't do either.

As for a loser, I visit a message board every few weeks for a game I haven't played regular in.... 15+ months? You may just be onto something there.

I just did the:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseamars...-basic-are-you

I'm not sure how accurate it is, as it's 2 years old, but:

"You checked off 2 out of 119 on this list! You’re not basic at all"

To be fair I clicked "I own a juicer", and "I like scented candles", because who doesn't like scented candles? I'm not some sort of monster. If you could give me any feedback on this, or have a more recent 'Basic' test, something more official, it would help greatly.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

malevz is spot on if im online its prolly cuz there aint shit goin on
also i would love to be a high school teacher thats my dream job
Last edited by Ragnaros; 03-15-2017 at 05:43 PM..
Old 03-15-2017, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
malevz is spot on if im online its prolly cuz there aint shit goin on
also i would love to be a high school teacher thats my dream job
could def see u teaching at a public school.

There's a lot of people on this box that could only teach private if ya know what I'm sayin heh heh

Cyren.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-15-2017, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

ya im not really the type of guy to do something i dont like just cause it pays big, have always wanted to teach
Old 03-15-2017, 07:02 PM
Fire Giant

To the OP: Yes some of us do enjoy how the pvp gives us another tool in game TO roleplay our toons. To me playing on a red server makes for a more immersive/RP experience. Another layer to the cake if you will, why settle for blue and hardcoded limits on how your toon can impact others around you?

For those that remember, the very early days of rallos zek were very heavy on roleplay going hand in hand on who you grouped with or attacked. A lot of that fell by the wayside as time goes on, just as it has here on red99. Has more to do with what happens to servers as they age more than anything. Race to the bottom with only the slime left on top, after they have "griefed" off everyone else for the "lulz"

But yes there are specialized toons made around a concept, and then go out into the world and fight for their faction/homeland, whatever. Most def pvp adds to RP.

My dream server? a hybrid of Firiona vie and Sullon zek servers.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For those that remember, the very early days of rallos zek were very heavy on roleplay going hand in hand on who you grouped with or attacked. A lot of that fell by the wayside as time goes on, just as it has here on red99. Has more to do with what happens to servers as they age more than anything. Race to the bottom with only the slime left on top, after they have "griefed" off everyone else for the "lulz"
accurate. there was no WoW kiddy culture yet. it was taken very seriously from a roleplay standpoint that transcended the game itself. people feared them and their presence / behavior and acted accordingly as a carryover from UO culture.

cant really be put into words. wolves vs sheep isn't really good enough to describe the extremely early days in highpass hold, south karana, oasis, etc. pks having to make friends with other outcast murderers, only to get stabbed in the back, or tricked into nuking someone solo in highpass while the other partner starts nuking you instead. The wolves didn't know they were wolves yet. Some wolves had no idea. Some wolves murdered people only to realize they werent really a murderer and had to live with it now. The lines of what a pk was pre-zerg pre-max level in the very early days were very blurry.

once you killed someone you never knew how many people knew about it, you'd try to go about your business but the murder you committed could come up again and become a problem on a given adventure.

if you rushed to max level, or joined a major zerg blue "raid" guild as soon as possible without exploring the game (like a lot of these so-called OG's on red99 did). you missed a lot of what 1999-2000 was about on Rallos zek.

That was real PvP.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-15-2017, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
RP and PvP, those don't mix, specially not on red99.
I disagree with this statement.

Roleplay and PVP can go hand in hand. When you think about the Sullon Zek server, that was basically a RP PVP server...teams based on deity. Granted, not many people actually did much RP, but the foundation was there.

Not only that, but many RP guilds have formed throughout the years with the sole purpose of tailoring a RP story to their PVP agenda. Shorty only guilds for example.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sorry snowflake, not mad. I was making the connection that people that use the game to validate their existence by doing whatever on red, are less likely to role play. I have no real opinions on griefing or roleplaying, I don't do either.

As for a loser, I visit a message board every few weeks for a game I haven't played regular in.... 15+ months? You may just be onto something there.

I just did the:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseamars...-basic-are-you

I'm not sure how accurate it is, as it's 2 years old, but:

"You checked off 2 out of 119 on this list! You’re not basic at all"

To be fair I clicked "I own a juicer", and "I like scented candles", because who doesn't like scented candles? I'm not some sort of monster. If you could give me any feedback on this, or have a more recent 'Basic' test, something more official, it would help greatly.
Sorry you lost didn't read a word loser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread