Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everything is killed in less then 10 seconds there is no progression
Big boy CT probably gonna have something to say about that.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:45 PM
Banned

classic cazic is a joke he dies in 5 seconds

post revamp thats a different story
Old 02-05-2020, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quality of life stuff like target cycling should just be left in! Like others have said the click targeting is really bad.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What disabilities in particular? Just playing the game requires copious use of the mouse, it’s inherent in the design.
What disabilities? Anything that affects motor function. Let's say not having 2 hands as an easy example.

I don't think it was the designers intention to exclude people. One of the best things about D&D and roleplaying games is that it's very inclusive. I'd say it's in the best interest of P99 to not deliberately exclude people with disabilities for the sole purpose of keeping things classic.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What disabilities? Anything that affects motor function. Let's say not having 2 hands as an easy example.

I don't think it was the designers intention to exclude people. One of the best things about D&D and roleplaying games is that it's very inclusive. I'd say it's in the best interest of P99 to not deliberately exclude people with disabilities for the sole purpose of keeping things classic.
They’re not deliberately excluding people. You could say nearly any game “deliberately excludes people” since the vast majority require two hands to play. Likely have to train themselves to use a one-handed keyboard/mouse, but it’s doable (pic attached). Tab targeting doesn’t do away with the necessity to use a mouse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6C9B23B4-45CB-442D-9054-3EFF3E445F4F.jpg (19.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-05-2020, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 02-05-2020, 06:11 PM
Fire Giant

This is gonna sound shitty so let me apologize in advance.

The main goal of P99 is to recreate something from the 90s. The 90s sucked for a lot of different people, people with disabilities included. In order to be accurate, you need to recreate the parts that suck along with the parts that were great.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 02-05-2020, 08:41 PM
Banned

yea we should have random disconnects every 10-60 mins and make the client say "Goodbye"
Old 02-06-2020, 12:30 AM
Aviak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea we should have random disconnects every 10-60 mins and make the client say "Goodbye"
Old 02-06-2020, 10:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tab targeting doesn’t do away with the necessity to use a mouse.
It sure would make the game possible for some people.
Closed Thread